Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 6:04:31 PM EDT
I guess it was about 20 years ago that I bought ten Eagle 10 round mags. Today I trashed the last one.
Yeah I know they are crap but when I bought them they were only $5 and in our household at that time money was tight.
I really do hate to see them go they were a faster mag change then the Ruger 10 rounders and they loaded easyer.

The feed lips were the weak point with use they chipped away until they failed.
The failure of the mags seems to go in this order.
#1 type of failure is subtle stovepiping starts.
#2 type of failure failure to fire because the mag is jamming a round up and it stops the bolt from moving fully fowaed just enough to prevent the fireing pin from making contact with the rim.
#3 type is failure to hold rounds in the mag. Load um up and out they come on their own.

I think I got my moneys worth out of them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a handful of Eagle 30rd 10-22 mags about 10 years ago for $6 a piece.

They function great for a couple of thousand rounds, then the feedlips start to crack and break off. I have super glued a few back on and they held up for several more years. I was very happy with them for the money and wish I could find more for that price.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
This is good 2 know. Thank you. I've owned 2 tinted 10rd. eagle for years. I expect they will last a lifetime based on your posts.
Mine don't get anywhere near the workout yours do. My 10/22 is not a range gun and I rotate mags.
Good to know.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I made the mistake of remarking to Crabby that I had chucked the last Eagle mag last night.
"I told you not to buy 10, I told you to buy 2 and try them"
"They were junk when you bought them"
And on and on and on.

What the heck they were in some ways better to load and easier to change than factory mags. They lasted 20 years so I OK with that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
They reportedly had a lifetime warranty, when I bought some 10 or so years ago.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had a couple for what seems like forever.  Since they never worked - jamomatics - they have virtually no wear or cracks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have 3-4 Eaton Supply 25/22 Mags from the 80's that run flawless, each of them probably has 10's of thousands of rounds through them from half a dozen 10/22's from over the years. No wonder Black Dog Machine used that design for their Ruger 10/22 Hi-Cap Mags, they are excellent Mags. The only Mags that are superior in every way is the BX25's but those just came out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 4 of the Eagle 10 rounders. Probably around 1k rds fired between them all. Two of them split along the seams, so I super glued them back together and wrapped them in tape. Still working fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top