BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks neat. Is it good quality?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
looks neat but i wonder if the price slash means its not selling due to quality or other issues.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
No idea, a friend sent me the link this morning.
I don't need another .22 right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks neat but i wonder if the price slash means its not selling due to quality or other issues.
View Quote

I don't know anything about that firearm, but I wouldn't worry too much about how much PSA is selling it for.

For example, I bought an M&P 22 Compact pistol from them several months ago. It was priced about $100 less than anybody else online had them, and with a big red CLEARANCE banner. However, S&W had just released that pistol within the last two months.

Also bought a GSG 1911-22 for $199, regularly price $399. That gun still sells all over the place.

They could be trying to clear shelves for something else, or bought in bulk and trying to move them, or any other number of reasons.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Look up the prices on the mags, I think you pay in the backend. If I'm not mistaken, the ones I found were a little pricey
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
all the reviews I've read is they are junk and not worth even $200

but no first hand experience
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one.  Actually its quite nice for a .22 plinker.  I can't say its jammed much or been fussy much at all.  I think this was one of the few 22 auto's I've had that actually will digest crappy Remington Bulk ammo.

There is one piece of prevntative maint and that was to do a bolt tightening and blue thread locker on the back of the action.  There is a youtube videon on this.  
The mags are overly priced and its internals are similar to GSG.  Works well but mag prices suck.  If the gun took the Ciener type mags - my guess is this would ahve had much better sales and market enthusiasm.  When I went to get mags - they were sold out or $80!  Kind of sucks the enthusiasm away from a cheap plinker.  Then the 22 shortage hit - a double whammy to this guns sales.

Now if you buy one they are fine - but grab spare mags while CDNN has them cheap!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
i talked a friend into getting it, its his first firearm... we checked it out at a local academy here in tx, upper is all aluminum, it has some weight to it, doesnt feel gimmicky, like the tactical mossberg, and is very easy to handle

friend was impressed showed him this deal, cause academy was asking 449.00+tax, so he bought it, well see if i can get some range report from him after he gets it
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Mags are 29.99 at CDNN for black or tan and that is the best price I have ever seen on them.  If you buy a gun get the mags now while you can.  They are great mags, but price is a little high.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#11]
With the price of 22 ammo, I won't be buying any pistols or rifles in 22.
I can buy 45acp cheaper than 22 mag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
With the price of 22 ammo, I won't be buying any pistols or rifles in 22.
I can buy 45acp cheaper than 22 mag.
View Quote

Agreed.  I like 22 mag, and always have since my first rifle a Mossberg 640 in 22 Mag.  But I can't see the prices being "more" than centerfire in the same quantity - The premise was to be economical compared to centerfire.  In truth I can find 9mm, 40, and 45ACP cheaper than 22 mag and reload the empty cases!  It will have to come down in price or go extinct in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#14]
If its like the glock knock-off they had , it will be a peice of shit!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Weren't these upgraded/improved after 2012 ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#16]
My buddy just picked one up from PSA. Folding stock would not even lock in place straight out of the box. They didn't even try it out at the factory. He hasn't shot it yet, but not a good start. He's contacted CS but apparently ISSC was purchased by ATI recently and they aren't able to field complaints yet. It's a big rifle for a .22 and so far not impressed. If he gets it fixed on the other hand, $200 ain't bad.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My buddy just picked one up from PSA. Folding stock would not even lock in place straight out of the box. They didn't even try it out at the factory. He hasn't shot it yet, but not a good start. He's contacted CS but apparently ISSC was purchased by ATI recently and they aren't able to field complaints yet. It's a big rifle for a .22 and so far not impressed. If he gets it fixed on the other hand, $200 ain't bad.
View Quote

He does know that after folding the stock in you then have to pull slightly down to engage the lock.

As far as size, it's a clone, and a pretty good one at that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#18]
It won't lock in the extended position not the folded position.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I asked about the similar Anshcultz model some time ago, they may share parts...   end of day, if you like drama and to fiddle around, go ahead...    otherwise doesn't seem to do anything you cant do with a 10/22 or MP22
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]
My buddy finally got a hold of someone at the manufacturer who told him to fix the problem himself by filing down the catch on the folding stock to fix his issue. I still don't get how that could pass QC. Also, pretty poor customer service IMHO. Either way he got it fixed and it was off to the range today. Put about 100 rds through it with no issue. Seemed accurate enough. Only complaint is that the trigger is very sloppy due to a lot of creep and not a clean break. For under $300 it's still a pretty good gun though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top