Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 10:21:21 AM EDT
I have one of their Steel lips 25 rders and it has been flawless. Probably had 1K rounds shot with it. I also have one of the old Eagle 30rders with the plastic feed lips and it has never given me a problem. Why the bad rap?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had a problem with butler creek steel or plastic lips. The Eagle mags on the other hand
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a butler creek plastic lip that FTF'ed on every single round. Tossed it out on the range and shot it one day.

Was encouraged to get the steel lipped version. It was better (one or two FTF per mag), but crap compared to the Ruger rotary or 25 rounders that I've had zero issues with. Ever.

Definitely seems to vary gun to gun. Mine's a newer 10/22 in an M1 stock, FWIW.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Never had a problem with mine, but I bought them during the panic.

Why bother with them when the BX-25 factory mags are so plentiful.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got three Butler Creek magazines. One steel-lipped and two hot-lips. The steel lipped mag is a pain in the ass and is literally hit or miss. One plastic is gtg and the other is good in two of my three rifles. My Ruger mags, noth rotary and BX-25's are flawless.

roy d...and only a couple bucks more
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Have both metal and plastic lipped mags that work good.

Used a rod to wear them in a bit before use and sprayed some dry lube in them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
/shrug - been shooting the same 25 round plastic lipped ones for over 20 years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
/shrug - been shooting the same 25 round plastic lipped ones for over 20 years.
View Quote

I sprayed some silicone lube in the ones i have years ago, let dry and shoot fine. Occasionally relube ones i have left. Only 30 rd mag i had an issue with was an Eagle Ind unit. Dropped  at the range watched the feed lips become one with the spent brass
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
mine work great and you can load them with the BC crank loader...

My old preban ramlines worked pretty well too although still had occasional issues, but the 50 rounders with a crank were something.  However, the 30 and 50 rounders I bought after ramline restarted production after the ban were total junk.  Unsure what they hell happened.  Someone must have lost or junked the original tooling during the ban.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
They work like a piece of crap for me..

I have the steel lips version
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Feed problems for me.  Replaced with the BX-25s and have had 0 problems
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:26:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I have used the 10 round extended length mags with no issues. These are the version with the plastic lips too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsJS7EP1P-E
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top