Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:23:48 PM EDT
I have been wanting a 22 mag for coyotes within 100 yards (have to use rimfire outside of deer season). Today I went to a local gun store and they had a Marlin XT22 mag with a heavy barrel for what looked like a good deal, so I brought it home with me. I can't wait to shoot it once I can find some ammo. What kind of accuracy can I expect?  I am hoping it will be good with the heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=217  These guys can probably answer it better than the AR15 forum.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an early 90's 25MN that will put bullets in the same hole. I'm not sure about their current offerings.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd opt for a older Marlin 780 or 781 tube-fed in .22 Mag. I used one (780) many years for calling fox and bobcat. It did OK for groundhogs too. I'm not really seeing what you gain with a heavy barrel except weight in a field gun.

Tube-feds are a lot easier to tote around because you don't have a mag poking you. More on-board rounds too.

Add to that Marlin's reputation has sort of went down-hill over the last several years on their newer offerings.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Marlin 25MN .22 mag and a Remlin XT22 Mag.  I am a litle partial to the 25MN but the XT22 has a better trigger.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My Marlin 25MN is glass and pillar bedded, free floating barrel, and has a Rifle Basix trigger in it.  It a heck of a good shooter although not as accurate as some of my .22LR rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top