Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 10:19:34 AM EDT
I've never had a .22. Thinking of getting something like an M&P 15/22 or some other type. Are these barrels already threaded?  Pics don't seem to show the. Threaded. Silencer shop base .22 silencers in stock and inexpensive (compared to my 5.56) but I'm not sure if they are pistol only, or all these rifles are threaded or what.
Hope that's not a dumb question guys. Thanks.
Edit: Sorry lots of mistakes above - on my iPotato. :-)
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes they're threaded but I think there are some models that are not.  Most likely for ban states.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes they're threaded but I think there are some models that are not.  Most likely for ban states.
View Quote

For example is the M&P threaded 1/2x28?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M&P 15/22 that comes threaded from the factory (there are versions that are not threaded for banned states, and for people that don't want them) is threaded to the industry standard 1/2x28.

I have not looked at the S&W, but you may need a spacer to get the proper thread length for most rimfire suppressors - .400" vs .625". I know Ruger uses the AR 15 length of .625 on its threaded 10/22's, and you either need a spacer to shorten the threads or let a gunsmith shorten them.

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The threaded version of the 15-22 has the longer standard-AR-length threads. I had mine cut down to SiCo specs to use a Spectre/Warlock/Sparrow, so no spacer needed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The threaded version of the 15-22 has the longer standard-AR-length threads. I had mine cut down to SiCo specs to use a Spectre/Warlock/Sparrow, so no spacer needed.
View Quote

Damn... This is complicated!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, how about this. Anyone familiar with the Mossberg 715T?  It's the flattop model with the Barska red dot on sale for $199. I know it's not an AR, just looks like one, but it was almost $250 or something last week. It says the "A2 style break is removable". So I'm guessing this is 1/2x28?  It doesn't say and I can't find it on the interwebs. With a $200 silencer, my kid would never be happier. Any thoughts?  $199 makes me want to jump on it, but I might be too impulsive here.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I can tell you all about the Ruger's & the S&W's, because I own them & see them in the local Rimfire Steel matches at my club - no info on the Mossy as far as quality, but it IS a 1/2x28.

Bob S.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can tell you all about the Ruger's & the S&W's, because I own them & see them in the local Rimfire Steel matches at my club - no info on the Mossy as far as quality, but it IS a 1/2x28.

Bob S.
View Quote

Thanks Bob.  It looks like one of their regular .22's that's dressed in AR-style furniture.  I'm assuming the same quality as is the rest of their lineup.  Thanks for the barrel thread answer, I was waiting at the car stealership getting a car cap fixed.  You can only do so much on a little phone.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the 15-22 is not complicated. You can take the flash hider off and buy a $15 spacer from SilencerCo. that's all you need. I use my Spectre II on a 15-22 with just that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

the 15-22 is not complicated. You can take the flash hider off and buy a $15 spacer from SilencerCo. that's all you need. I use my Spectre II on a 15-22 with just that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh... Is it simply called a 15/22 spacer?  I mean, is it obvious what I'm looking for?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ahh... Is it simply called a 15/22 spacer?  I mean, is it obvious what I'm looking for?  Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/rimfire/products/1-2x28-rifle-thread-spacer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top