Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2014 8:31:48 PM EDT
Got this email today do you think it will be a light weight ?
Tactical Solutions
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet it will be just like the SB-X that they make, which is pretty light weight.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet it will be just like the SB-X that they make, which is pretty light weight.
View Quote

I never understood their claim "provides the versatility of a short barrelled rifle (SBR) without the burden of red tape paperwork.".

It's a 16" barrel with only 12.25" of rifling - so you lose a little velocity (although not too much with most 22 ammo), and still have a 16" stick.

The only time it makes a difference is if you have a suppressor - then you can have a barrel just a little longer than 16" with the can on inside the shroud section.

Still - I'm happy to folks starting to make barrels for the TD models.

Bob S.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldnt mind having a 2nd barell assembly. The entire front half. Make it easier to take my PEW PEW camping without a 5320.20
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I just want a plain fluted barrel with threads .
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want a plain fluted barrel with threads .
View Quote

+1

I have a standard TacSol fluted barrel with threads but a take-down SBX version with the birdcage on the end isn't working for me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I like it, but would rather have a new stock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope it's a lightweight barrel but I don't think the stock is cut for a .920 barrel.

I did pick up a 10/22 SB-X barrel awhile back before I started Form 1'ing some of my 10/22s and with a small red dot an Hogue stock, it makes a super light and handy suppressed rifle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not a .920, it is tapered to fit the factory stock.  Yes, it is light weight.
I put mine in a Boyd's Tacticool but I'm going to have to shorten the forearm to clear the shroud.
Here it is in the factory forearm just to get an idea of how it will look.
It comes with a dummy suppressor so I can shoot it until my Spector II gets approved.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top