Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 11:26:00 AM EDT
This has probably been asked before but I’m looking for a new barrel for my 10-22. I’m looking at a 16” or a 20” barrel. Both of them are .92 diameter steel target bull barrel. Which one would you buy for your gun and why? They also come with a Hogue rubber over molded stock.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:55:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 14" Kidd, insanely accurate for a semi auto at 50m, and I surprised the bench rest guys with bolt actions at 100y with match ammo
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If I was shooting at 100 yards I would go with a 20" barrel.

Hunting and plinking I would go 16".

Who makes the barrels you are looking at?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
i went with a tac sol threaded 16"  They have very good CS folks too.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're looking for a bull barrel with good accuracy and lighter than a all steel barrel
a Beyer barrel will make you grin ear to ear.
The tacsol barrels are made of 6061, the Beyer barrels are 7075 which is much harder and stiffer.
Clint will make a barrel the way you like, fluting, length and pick your color of choice.
http://www.beyerbarrels.com/
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Fred Fedderson barrel. Without a doubt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

AB-SO-LUTELY! Shot mine for the first time today.
SK ammo,50 yds on bench, 5 shot group of .182.  Cost $165 to my door.  I sent Mr.Fedderson an email thanking him!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

SK ammo,50 yds on bench, 5 shot group of .182.  Cost $165 to my door.  I sent Mr.Fedderson an email thanking him!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I met Mr Fedderson at SHOT Show earlier this year. Great guy. We talked for about an hour. He really enjoyed the pic of me at my first Appleseed last year with my Rifleman badge. Shot a 242 with his barrel and Wolf Match Extra ammo. He said to try Lapua Center X. I was able to group some earlier this week.

5 shots at 25 yds. One hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top