Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 6:43:31 PM EDT
Hello;
Just picked one up and took off the barrel. Before I send it out I am trying to decide what length to get it cut down and threaded too. My plans are to shoot it mostly suppressed using subsonic or standard velocity ammo like CCI SV. Range will probably be 24-75 yards. I may occasionally try it out to 100yds at public range, but more concerned with silence than accuracy. Thinking 16" is most ideal but open to opinions. Also if anyone can recommend a guy pls let me know.
Thanks,
Mav
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
18" 20 tops,  once you start getting good @ 75, that 100 - 100+ will be calling you.

I run fed bulk out of the 22's using a TAC-65 and TBA 4" Ti. bbl length varies 16-20"  Either length does 100 . The 20" much better.  What can will you be using, or you still looking?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Send it to ADCO. If it were me, I would go 16-18".

I have had barrels threaded by others and ADCO looks the best by far.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks everyone. I found a guy I want so use. still trying to decide on length. I have been doing a lot of searching online and everywhere I look it seems that 16" is the optimum length versus velocity. What I have been trying to find is a length versus noise or DB levels and I can't really seem to find any. The reason I am looking for this is I read someone on another forum said that longer=quieter and I am not really seeing anyone say that, so I am wondering if there is an validity to that notion. I want to send this out to the guy tomorrow so unless I find definitive proof that longer is quieter I am going to just have them chop it down to 16" and call it a day. If anyone else can shed light on this I am all ears.
Thanks,
Mav
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top