Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 7:53:28 AM EDT
Found a used one am thinking of getting for a reasonable price. About 4 yrs old. Are these rifles good, bad, have issues? Already own a Remington plinker but thought this might be nice to match my DPMS oracle. Appreciate any feed back. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Ammo sensitive...mine likes top shelf ammo
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#2]
first time I hear that - mine eats the bottom of the barrel ammo and everyone I've seen is reliable with everything
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
first time I hear that - mine eats the bottom of the barrel ammo and everyone I've seen is reliable with everything
View Quote

Same here...I haven't found anything mine won't eat.  I shoot the shit out of some Golden Bullets....
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same here...I haven't found anything mine won't eat.  I shoot the shit out of some Golden Bullets....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine works with everything.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Great clone, lots of fun. Easy to load magazines. Mine eats everything.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine eats everything as well. Had it since they came out. Very fun.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine has eaten everything except Federal Lightning, but does great with all other bulk packs.

Accurate, reliable and fun.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine has eaten everything except Federal Lightning, but does great with all other bulk packs.

Accurate, reliable and fun.
View Quote

same here i haven't found anything mine wont run on
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Found a used one am thinking of getting for a reasonable price. About 4 yrs old. Are these rifles good, bad, have issues? Already own a Remington plinker but thought this might be nice to match my DPMS oracle. Appreciate any feed back. Thanks
View Quote

I have one and like it. Fun to shoot so I'm not about to sell it anytime soon but by far and away I prefer my Ruger 10/22 Takedown.

On the plus side the S&W M&P15-12 has the controls and feel of an AR, only much lighter, and when used with the S&W 25 rd. mags is plenty reliable. It already has a Picatinny rail so you don't have to buy a scope mount. The sights that come with it look decent but I was never able to get them really zeroed in. I took them off and put a Nikon scope on. All around decent plinker and I could see it being a nice platform for use in practicing AR drills.

Only two minuses I can think of in addition to the sights (and I'm not sure I gave them a fair try). One is that it is about as plastic as a gun can be. Seems durable and I have never had an issue, but it's still got a lot of plastic. The other thing is an annoyance. The damn ejector is mounted close to the chamber and it gets in the way when cleaning the gun.

Decent gun if you get a good price. Not stellar, like the 10/22 Takedown, but still quite decent.

ETA: Has takedown and pivot pin like an AR. You can use all your AR15 cleaning stuff on the M&P15-22. I would not be surprised if aftermarket triggers drop in.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had one since they first came out also. Only ammo it hates is Remington subsonics. Chews thru anything else flawlessly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the replies. Will grab it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:36:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Picked it up yesterday. Now to decide if I want a red dot or regular scope on it. Got the rifle, 2 mags and 250 round CCI for $350. Only 400 rounds shot through it. Not to bad of a deal. Going to have fun with this rifle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#13]
We have two and they are fantastic guns that shoot just about anything.  We have a Vortex Strikefire on one of them and I put a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 150 BDC on mine.  I definitely prefer the variable power Nikon on my gun because it just gives me that little extra when I need it.  

Here's mine, she's a Talo Exclusive With a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 BDC 150 in a Burris PEPR mount and Troy rear BUIS (haven't gotten around to a front buis yet).

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks great. Just replaced the scope on my DPMS oracle 308 with a Nikon M308. Had a Burris Fulfield E1 illuminate 3-9X40 which might go on it until I decide.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Picked it up yesterday. Now to decide if I want a red dot or regular scope on it. Got the rifle, 2 mags and 250 round CCI for $350. Only 400 rounds shot through it. Not to bad of a deal. Going to have fun with this rifle.
View Quote

I had a Bushnell trs-25 on mine.  It looked titties, but the rifle is capable of greater accuracy.  I'm going to put a traditional optic on it as a concession to my astigmatism and to get the most accuracy out of the gun.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ammo sensitive...mine likes top shelf ammo
View Quote

You have an issue.

I have thousands of rounds of golden bullets and other garbage though mine. And that was before the SBR chop.

Even now with a can and 4.5" barrel, it will eat anything i stick in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top