Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2012 1:36:04 PM EDT
I bought a Marlin 60, and and a Simmons 22 Mag scope, the rings that came with the scope are junk, so now I am looking for a new setup.  Did a Google search and THIS mount kept popping up.  Anyone with this mount please weigh in.  Open for other suggestions as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one, for a .22 they are g2g.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That is THE best mount for the Marlin 60/795.

You might want to order it from here though - http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-accushot-premium-airgun-22-full-length-integral-medium-profile-mount-rgpm2pa.html
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah do that.  It's big, heavy, and not very good looking, but it is the only one that works because of the M60/M795's borked up dovetail.

I had my 60 decked by the gunsmith and had him install a picatinny base to get around Marlin's issue.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah do that.  It's big, heavy, and not very good looking, but it is the only one that works because of the M60/M795's borked up dovetail.

I had my 60 decked by the gunsmith and had him install a picatinny base to get around Marlin's issue.

It's aluminum, not that heavy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a UTG 3/8" dovetail to weaver adapter - I already have the scope and rings, am hoping it tightens up okay. I want to keep the dovetail because I'd like to use Tech sights at some point. THink I'll have issues with the adapter?
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have that exact same setup on my marlin 795. The scope is junk (at least mine is) but the mount is actually decent
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I have these rings on my new production Model 60 with a Nikon 4x scope and they work perfectly:

B Square Sport Utility Medium Rings

However, I just got a picatinnny rail adaptor from DI Products, and I plan to install it tomorrow on my 60 now that I finally have a day off coming.  I like it because I can use any rings I like once I have the rail installed.  It is very well made.  Here is the link:

DI Products Marlin Picatinny Rail

Link Posted: 5/29/2012 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks for all the replies.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, the Leapers mount is good-to-go

Link Posted: 5/29/2012 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have these rings on my new production Model 60 with a Nikon 4x scope and they work perfectly:

However, I just got a picatinnny rail adaptor from DI Products, and I plan to install it tomorrow on my 60 now that I finally have a day off coming.  I like it because I can use any rings I like once I have the rail installed.  It is very well made.  Here is the link:

Have the D.I.P rail on my 60 and it's held up damn good for how i abuse it.

Link Posted: 5/30/2012 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#11]
That leapers scope mount is really high. I don't know if the BKL mount is any shorter though. I try to keep my scopes as close to the bore as possible for a good cheek weld. I am going to try one of these on my Anschutz.

Here you go. Leapers medium height This is what you want if you are not putting a huge adjustable objective scope on your rifle. I would definitely use this on any new model 60's I may some day own.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 5:40:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have the D.I.P rail on my 60 and it's held up damn good for how i abuse it.

I like DIP products, but I would be worried if I had a chewed up rail. That thing could just pull up through a poorly cut dovetail.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That leapers scope mount is really high. I don't know if the BKL mount is any shorter though. I try to keep my scopes as close to the bore as possible for a good cheek weld. I am going to try one of these on my Anschutz.

Here you go. Leapers medium height This is what you want if you are not putting a huge adjustable objective scope on your rifle. I would definitely use this on any new model 60's I may some day own.

That's the same one I linked above, it sets the scope not too high and not too low, I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top