Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 9:39:47 PM EDT
I'm a firearms instructor for my department and I've been thinking putting a lightweight carrier together with some 3a inserts. My current vest is a bit heavy and hot for a full day of qualifications. Any suggestions on something simple and light?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What style of inserts are being used with the carrier? I.E. "Plate cut" style, concealable cut, BALCS, etc...
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about that. Probably plate cut armor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry about that. Probably plate cut armor.
View Quote
No problem, thanks. Is there anything else you need the carrier for? Like does it need molle/hydration compatible/comms compatible etc. or do you just want a totally slick carrier? Also, are you planning on using side armor or just front and back inserts? Does it need to come in a certain color/camo? You said your an instructor for a department so I'm just wondering if there's a uniform code that restricts color options.

I know that's a lot of questions, just trying to narrow down the options.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Leaning towards molle. Maybe add a couple handgun pouches or what not.

Probably stick with black and side armor isn't needed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my Velocity Systems LWPC.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leaning towards molle. Maybe add a couple handgun pouches or what not.

Probably stick with black and side armor isn't needed.
View Quote
Was hoping you weren't going to say molle.  

Hmm... would this carrier from Beez Combat work? Link here.

It comes in SAPI and "standard" plate sizes, with an option for black, molle front and back, no big cummerbund. I believe the side molle pads are an optional thing but I'm not sure, they're wording is kinda weird and their other photo got the photobucket treatment. I'd contact Beez and ask, not just for that but to make sure the carrier won't sag/wear oddly with just soft armor in it. They do custom work too and are willing to modify existing designs so you could ask about that as well. 
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Blue Force Gear PLATEMinus. It's hard to get lighter than that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

HSGI SPC-Bravo. It's pretty minimalist, as well as comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#9]
JPC or Ferro Concepts Slickster
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Grey Ghost minimalist PC

Hypalon flavor available for an additional $20
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The Direct Action Spitfire PC looks like a nice piece of gear. Just don't have any in stock. Maybe I'll try and hunt one of those down. Like the look of the laser cut molle.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]
They have a large grey one in stock
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Crye LVS with the outer tactical carrier is probably the best solution for your application. Or a custom carrier for your current panels from velocity systems. Don't mess with plate cut soft armor when you're running a pistol range. Going to an outer vest of any kind will improve comfort immensely, and getting a custom cut one will be light years ahead of the garbage that passes for an outer carrier from places like point blank.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Ferry slickster, with flap.  Slick when you want it to be, put the flap on and you can have a couple mag pouches and a GP pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top