Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 8:45:57 PM EDT
Who makes the best quality, best looking, discrete tactical style jacket?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are looking to avoid a tactical appearance (guessing external loop parches, etc) then what are your requirements beyond just a regular old off the shelf jacket from Carhartt or something?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of discrete pockets would be nice. Also color choices. Maybe a gun metal, or wolf, tactical gray.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy has a 5.11 jacket that's nice. Looks like a Carhartt but has internal pockets and whatnot for gear. Unsure what model but I think he paid $200 ish
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Arc'Teryx

Just go to REI and try on lots of different jackets until you find one you like.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there a particular Arc'Teryx  jacket that you think might best fit my bill?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you looking for a hard shell? Beta AR. Softshell? Insulation? I like my Cerium LT hoody, but its not for active wear since its goose down. Arcteryx is going to be your way to go. I would avoid "tactical" unless your job requires it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I'd prefer tactical without looking tactical or better yet something not tactical that could serve that roll.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:59:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Triple Aught Design Rogue jackets might fit your bill as well. I would suggest an Arcteryx. Depends on what type of jacket you're looking for. Personally I would maybe care about water resistance and a breath ability for a rain jacket. Some Arcteryx jackets have internal pockets, and pit zips. I would suggest the full 3 layer goretex if its a hard shell. I dont know what work you do, but I would just buy an outdoor Arcteryx jacket that can be easily worn with civvies. That seems to be the logical to me.

The TAD Rogue jackets seem to fit your bill the best from what you've told me. http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Rogue-WX-Jacket
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:23:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Arc'Teryx hard shells are great. Pit zips, plenty of pockets, and they come in non-tactical colors as well. I'd be looking at the Alpha SV, Alpha AR, etc. There are some cheaper Alpha jackets but tactical and lightweight generally do not go together. I'd want a "heavy", durable fabric for a tactical jacket.

I'd be looking for deals on ebay once you find the jacket you like unless you have $900 to drop on a new one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top