Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2017 3:37:12 PM EDT
You may have seen the video where I shot through a Premier level III plate with M193 from a 16" barrel. They shipped me a plate with a thicker coating on it that they claimed would stop M193. Do you think it will work?

Premier "improved" Lvl III steel plate vs M193

https://youtu.be/cuK_CtQvKhI
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't need to watch it to know it won't work.

Even suggesting that a thicker coating would make any difference whatsoever shows that they shouldn't be in the armor business.

I guess next they will come along and threaten to sue and ARFCom will take down the thread. It seems to work for others.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Wait, what did I miss?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#4]
And I'm sure there's a point where additional coating would make the difference. But my guess is that it would have to be a LOT.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My question is:  Do those guys not even test their own product?  I mean, come on... They could have avoided this (well-deserved) embarrassment, and all it would have cost them is one bullet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, uh. Hmmm.

Honestly, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but yeah.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And I'm sure there's a point where additional coating would make the difference. But my guess is that it would have to be a LOT.
View Quote
Technically, that is correct. It's like saying pure PE plates can stop M855.... if they're 12 inches thick.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
This just proves the NFA is backwards...  Feds should have made SBRs mandatory and banned barrels 16" or longer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Technically, that is correct. It's like saying pure PE plates can stop M855.... if they're 12 inches thick.
View Quote
Yeah, I mean eventually AIR will stop a bullet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top