Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 8:18:57 AM EDT
I am looking to set up a battle belt and need some help. Is Tactial Tailor good to go. Also need  suggestions on a good retention holster for a Glock 23. How would I mount the holster to the belt? Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I use all G-code holsters with my battle belt. The RTI wheel setup allows me to quickly switch platforms and is quality gear
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I would strongly recommend a Safariland ALS holster. Second choice would be Safariland SLS holster.  

I'm not a fan of nylon holsters without locking retention. My battle belt holster is a 6354DO, but that is for a Glock with or without weaponlight, with or without a red dot. If you run neither a red dot or weaponlight, there are slimmer choices.

I run an RTI to Safariland adapter to use an RTI wheel, but on other 6354DO I use Safariland QLS connections.

That allowed me to run the holster above on an RTI optimal drop and run direct to belt, plus have an RTI molle wheel on my plate carrier, when I have to ride in a tight vehicle and want access. I also have paddle mounts with QLS and a single leg with QLS I can use to drop the holster if I don't have or want to run a full plate carrier, but want to clear armor.

If you have a Glock, I'd look strongly at the 6354DO.  The fabric frays on the edges a little but an annual once over with a lighter and it is good. I use black 6354DO holsters for duty/daily use and Multicam for the battlebelt/plate carrier. Best holster I have found. Best price is from copsplus but they are SLOW, with a 4-8 week delay at times. Also remember, a longer holster will hold a shorter slide or extended, threaded barrel. So a 17 holster can do a 19 or 19 with threaded barrel and a 34 holster can hold a 34, 17, or 19 and 17 or 19 with threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
If you know that you'll only be using a G23, a Safariland ALS holster is the way to go. If you are going to be switching pistols around, get the Quick Locking System attachment for the holster. Also, Tactical Tailor is fine, but there are better options.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would strongly recommend a Safariland ALS holster. Second choice would be Safariland SLS holster.  

I'm not a fan of nylon holsters without locking retention. My battle belt holster is a 6354DO, but that is for a Glock with or without weaponlight, with or without a red dot. If you run neither a red dot or weaponlight, there are slimmer choices.

I run an RTI to Safariland adapter to use an RTI wheel, but on other 6354DO I use Safariland QLS connections.

www.optic-tactical-holster-tac_23-5340.jpg
View Quote
Damn, beaten while I was typing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to have a tactical tailor belt, upgraded to a HSGI belt with slots. I have a safariland ALS on a single band holster with the QD buckle. When I run my BFG belt i run my holster on my belt and lay the beltminus over it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top