Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2017 9:29:17 PM EDT
Over the years I have bought pouches from Diamondback Tactical. I love them. I have the same pouches in 3 different patterns (thanks Army).

I tried to get diamondback's website but I receive an error 503.

Is it bad timing or is their site down?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like its broke.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably bad timing, but the new Diamondback isn't the same as the old. Jason Beck, the former head of DBT, created Tyr Tactical.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
They made some really first rate stuff back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably bad timing, but the new Diamondback isn't the same as the old. Jason Beck, the former head of DBT, created Tyr Tactical.
View Quote
60 days (2 months) lead time to make a single ammo pouch?

wtf.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was in Korea we used the AW-FAPC2 plate carriers. I thought they were a bit heavy, but comfortable and tough.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#6]
The old DBT was awesome.  Can't say the same about the new. I will say that I have heard the same about TYR tactical being the guys from the old DBT.  I have several TYR pouches and zip on panels. They are high quality just like the old DBT.  As mentioned above they are crazy slow tho.  I hate waiting for gear that I needed yesterday.  I would have a lot more TYR gear if it didn't take so long to get it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried to access the site but same error today.

I noticed that the current Diamondback Tactical is in NC.

The DT I bought from before was in AZ.

I tried to call them using the numbers in one of the emails they sent me.

1-800-735-7030
623-262-0931

1st number was not in service
2nd number had constant beeping.

what is going on?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The story is laid out above, the tactical outfitter/tactical nylon gear provider DBT shutdown almost a decade ago. The trade name ended up with a NC armor manufacturer.

If you have an interest in major industry moves, I suggest the search function at Soldier Systems. Eric is the clearing ghouls for significant news.
http://soldiersystems.net/2011/04/08/torch-hill-investment-partners-acquire-majority-share-of-diamondback-tactical/
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
DBT in Spindale, NC  (formerly First Choice Armor) shut down production in 10/16.  They did something similar in 2015 as well.  The DC investment group that owned DBT decided not to persue CONUS sales and began focusing on export contracts the last couple of years.  It's worked out splendidly because the plant currently has zero employees and is sitting vacant.  Some "moving trucks" have been stopping by the plant and are probably loading up sewing machines and materials to send overseas.  Part of the big plan, I guess.

I still like the gear from AZ to the NC produced stuff and would still buy it second hand with no problems.  I'd avoid anything DBT/Allies Corp./Torch Hill Investment Partners from late-2015 on. 

CHRIS (former employee)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top