Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:47:23 AM EDT
Saw some online for dirt cheap and was curious in finally trying one out for the hell of it.

For some reason, when looking at pictures on places like SKD, you can clearly see the pouch and straps for the single plate to be held in the front. On the Universal camo ones I've seen (that can be had for $30 or so) I don't see the plate pouch anywhere. Is this just a different version and the pouch is inside of it, or did they remove it? This also leads me to ask, if they did change the setup for an issue item, is this even the same build as an 'original' RRV?

Don't want to put ebay links here, but simply google Eagle Universal Camo Rhodesian Recon Vest and look at the images of the inside (part that would be facing you). Either they hid the pouch and straps for the plate better, or its not there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If the product code on the tag starts with "AAF", it is the AAFES contract versions and they do NOT have the pocket to hold the plate (amongst a few other modifications).  They were not limited to the UCP pattern, here is a link to them in OCP:

https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=EAG-AAF-RRS-V-MS
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, looks like there is a low pro version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top