Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 11:12:23 PM EDT
I'm ordering a set of plates, and wondering if curved is better for front and back, or if I should get a curved front and flat back. What say y'all?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no field experience yet but I recently picked up a pair of plates and got multicurve for the front and single curve for the back. It feels great so far wearing it around the house, etc. But again, my experience is minimal so take that for what you will.

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon I'm sure. It will also depend on your goal and intended use as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I went multi-curve front and back. Very comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Curved front and rear plates is quite comfortable, even for extended field use.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Curved here...all good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Flat only exists because people want to save money. If cost is the biggest concern for you get flat, however know that single curve is so much more comfortable than that, and triple curve is even better than that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Curved it is. Thanks, fellas.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Flat is very very uncomfortable. Single curved flares up in back real bad and sits akwardly. IMO flat is not even suitable for armor and I honestly feel  no one should buy single curved that intends to actually wear or use the armor. I will say some triple curved is better than others but no one who has worn single and multicurved for any length of time would willingly choose single curved over multicurved.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Triple curve all the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top