Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 6:35:33 PM EDT
I have read the charts and diagrams and asked Mike over at ATARMOR and wanted some advice before i pull the trigger on a set. I measure out at 10.5 and 12.5 or sapi medium but borderline sapi large. Should I just for good measure go a size up? I have had velocity systems shooters cut plates and they were too small but also had paraclete 10x13 and those were a smidge too big and couldnt shoulder my rifle too well. carrier is a mayflower apc l/xl
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go medium if you were having trouble shouldering your rifle comfortably with the 10x13s.

Comfortable yet slightly undersized armor that gets worn is far better than large armor that doesn't get worn because it isn't comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Large E-Sapi plates in my Large APC and have no issue with shouldering my rifles. And the plates fill out the apc perfectly
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
What charts/sizing diagrams are you using? I'm trying to figure out what size would be best for me, too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What charts/sizing diagrams are you using? I'm trying to figure out what size would be best for me, too.
View Quote
i can't find it but i followed the advice of Mike from at armor.

First the distance from the bottom of your suprasternal notch (the notch/bone at the base of your throat) down to the horizontal line between your bottom two ribs.  Secondly we need the straight line distance from the outer edge of both nipples (should be between 10 ish and 12 ish inches).  And we can g from there.
Thank you Sir
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have read the charts and diagrams and asked Mike over at ATARMOR and wanted some advice before i pull the trigger on a set. I measure out at 10.5 and 12.5 or sapi medium but borderline sapi large. Should I just for good measure go a size up? I have had velocity systems shooters cut plates and they were too small but also had paraclete 10x13 and those were a smidge too big and couldnt shoulder my rifle too well. carrier is a mayflower apc l/xl
View Quote

You buy the plates first then buy the carrier to fit the plates. Since you already bought a L/XL carrier that means you should buy the L/XL plates. The S/M carrier is for S/M plates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top