Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 9:27:13 PM EDT
I'm needing a plate carrier for my job in Law Enforcement. I'm looking for something to combat an active shooter situation with that I can let ride shotgun in the vehicle

I want to be able to throw it on over my daily soft armor as fast as possible and have as much movement as I can while keeping weight down. I'd like the option to carry some taco pouches in front but not needing a ton of crap velcroed onto the carrier.

Any ideas for someone not familiar with what is out there for level IV?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blc04202lg0_jumpable-plate-carrier-jpc

minimalist, light weight, plenty of expansion room.

i got some hicom lvl IVs in it and love it.

goes on and off under 10 seconds easy...unless your fingers slip off and the front plate comes flying down into your face causing a nose bleed.....dont do that... i did....wasnt that fun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Shellback banshee or stealth.  Have both. Use the stealth for exactly what you plan to do with it. Works perfect for me
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Blue Force Gear PLATEMinus
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Esstac Daeodon looks like a non-unobtanium version of the Crye LV-MBAV plate carrier, looks promising for wear under a polo shirt starting at $250:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mNlMqNJ3JQ
https://www.esstac.com/product-page/copy-of-daeodon-1
http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-Daeodon-Plate-Carrier-p/ess.141.htm
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I purchased a Paraclete SOHPC from SKD during one of their sales for $150 for the same reason you are looking for one.  It's very light weight and suits my needs for patrol very well.  Dons quickly and I use an ATS triple shingle on the front, BlueForce gear TQ NOW! holder for a CAT and a simple trauma kit.  It's loaded with Highcom LVL IV triple curve front and rear and 6x6 sides.

I am 6'2" 210 lbs and ordered the Medium carrier and cummerbund.  Fits well and I can still easily access all of the gear on my patrol belt.  It's everything I need and nothing that I don't.  Less is more 99% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you want a low pro carrier? Or one with MOLLE?

I just got this Low pro carrier, no MOLLE

I've been doing 4 mile runs a couple times a week with it. Even though there's no padding there is elastic. At the right point it's not to tight but it doesn't bounce and is pretty comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Consider the PIG Brig PC also.  You can scale it up to whatever you need.  I'm a lowly civvie, so mine wears shoulder pads and a detachable molle panel up front with 3 Esstac Kywis.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That seems to be a good example of what I am looking for. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shellback banshee or stealth.  Have both. Use the stealth for exactly what you plan to do with it. Works perfect for me
View Quote

Shellback seems to have a great selection of carriers as well as SKD. I really like the look of the banshee carrier that you mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

First Spear is top notch kit. I run their STT that SKD sells. Very low profile and lighting fast to get on and off. Tubes > everything else in terms of simplicity and speed. Depending on the weight of the plates and your gear, I might recommend shoulder pads too.

I don't like most of the carriers that have cobra buckles for the sides- they flop around when you run because the sides are fixed length and don't have the "bungee" springy material like a cummerbund that keeps the front and back plates tight on your torso.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First Spear is top notch kit. I run their STT that SKD sells. Very low profile and lighting fast to get on and off. Tubes > everything else in terms of simplicity and speed. Depending on the weight of the plates and your gear, I might recommend shoulder pads too.

I don't like most of the carriers that have cobra buckles for the sides- they flop around when you run because the sides are fixed length and don't have the "bungee" springy material like a cummerbund that keeps the front and back plates tight on your torso.
View Quote

Their package with the plates looks like a smoking deal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Ferro Concepts Slickster may also meet your needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top