Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2017 3:42:08 PM EDT
Wanted your guy's take/opinions/experience.  The lady at AWS that I spoke with on the phone earlier today said I should likely go with a medium, but I figure I'd ask you guy's to see to get some confirmation so I avoid hassle and order right the first time.

I'm 6', 215lbs, chest measures ~44", wear a large T-shirt and have a ~33" waist. I could stand to trim down 15-20lbs and likely will in the near future, but I'm in otherwise great physical shape with a fair bit of muscle.

You guys that have been there and done that... what size should I go with?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with AWS, but I have a 46" chest and wear a medium BFG PLATEMinus carrier with the appropriate plates.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe they're sized based on sapi plate size. Medium for a medium sapi, etc. With me being 5'9ish 175, the medium is about the perfect size for where the plates need to sit. My advice is decide what size plates work for you and size off that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe they're sized based on sapi plate size. Medium for a medium sapi, etc. With me being 5'9ish 175, the medium is about the perfect size for where the plates need to sit. My advice is decide what size plates work for you and size off that.
View Quote

You are correct.

As a decent measure, your plate needs to span your nipples (rather the vital zone that lies beneath).
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are correct.

As a decent measure, your plate needs to span your nipples (rather the vital zone that lies beneath).
View Quote

Well, I measure just a touch over 10" in that regards.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Balance coverage against mobility.  Sounds like you should be wearing a large SAPI or ESAPI.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top