Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 11:09:23 PM EDT
so i bought a crye precision JPC for a pretty good price and now im on the search for my first set of plates for it.

Been googling as hard as i can and i think im going to buy some lvl IV plates from highcom.

Question i have is do i want single curve or multi curve? All my google-fu has produced is single curve vs flat plates which is pretty much an obvious answer.

So....are multi curve plates worth it over single curve? Price isnt a problem but i dont want to buy twice if i dont have to.

Also, with rear plates what curve should i go for? ive seen posts that flat is fine for the rear but ive also seen posts that curved is better for the rear as well as the front.

Thanks again, sorry if this has been posted before, i did try my hardest googling and searching but came up empty handed, maybe im blind or dumb...probably both.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure some folks with actual experience in this area will be here soon to chime in. Until then I'll give you my two cents.

I bought two sets of Highcom's level IV plates last summer. The price was right (found a code). While they will work fine for my needs (about 1% chance of ever needing to use them) if I were someone that really needed to wear these for any length of time I'd go with the multi curve option. For me it was a financial decision. I went cheap as I doubt I'll ever really be in need of hard plates. But it's nice to know I have them if needed. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Highcom 4SAS7 Multicurve Shooters Cut is the answer you seek.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Highcom 4SAS7 Multicurve Shooters Cut is the answer you seek.
View Quote

thats what i was looking at but in the SAPI cut, is there much of a difference between SAPI and shooters cut for mobility/dexterity?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Multi curve is definitely more comfortable. I have a set of Multicurves and a set single curves.

To me, it worth the little extra for the multicurve... I occasionally have to wear them for a few hours at a time, and even in that relatively short amount of time there is a noticeable difference.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:40:21 AM EDT
[#5]
ended up ordering 2 4SAS7 multi curves.

gotta send them proof of us citizenship and they should be on the way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I just received my set last week and am very pleased with them.  They weren't the cheapest option but I heard too many people say how important multi curve is for comfort.  Plates got great reviews and buying from Highcom was a smooth experience.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just received my set last week and am very pleased with them.  They weren't the cheapest option but I heard too many people say how important multi curve is for comfort.  Plates got great reviews and buying from Highcom was a smooth experience.
View Quote

how long did it take for highcom to update your order to have shipping info or just a response in general to your proof of citizenship? will be 5 business days tomorrow and havent heard anything, website says up to 72 hours but i know thats just a general estimate. I dont want to go bothering them about it yet if theyre working on it just packed on orders or whatever.

thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

how long did it take for highcom to update your order to have shipping info or just a response in general to your proof of citizenship? will be 5 business days tomorrow and havent heard anything, website says up to 72 hours but i know thats just a general estimate. I dont want to go bothering them about it yet if theyre working on it just packed on orders or whatever.

thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks.

Most vendors are at Shot Show this week and things tend to really slow down at their respective shops.  This is one of the times that it's the catch 22 of business.  They try to get as much product shipped out before they have to leave for the show but also need to go to the show to show their products to keep their business going with the exposure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most vendors are at Shot Show this week and things tend to really slow down at their respective shops.  This is one of the times that it's the catch 22 of business.  They try to get as much product shipped out before they have to leave for the show but also need to go to the show to show their products to keep their business going with the exposure.
View Quote

didnt even think of that, makes sense that they would be at shot.

well im not in a hurry anyways so ill just sit back and relax.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top