Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2017 1:17:29 PM EDT
Hey there,

Only ever run webbing, carriers and low profile belt but looking at getting a battle belt set up. For those that have experience with both, which would you prefer between the standard HSGI suregrip and the slimgrip? Main concern for me is I will be doing some work in Africa and don't want to sweat bullets around the middle, will the standard size suregrip do this? Apologies if its been discussed, I would just go to a shop and try them on but I genuinely cannot find one.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
What will you realistically have on your belt? I've had full blown Molle belt setups and never liked how bulky they were.

Right now I have a First Spear riggers belt and attached an HSGI micro grip belt panel. I have a G code holster, and belt mounted mag holders and a mini ifak. It's slim and carries well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What will you realistically have on your belt? I've had full blown Molle belt setups and never liked how bulky they were.

Right now I have a First Spear riggers belt and attached an HSGI micro grip belt panel. I have a G code holster, and belt mounted mag holders and a mini ifak. It's slim and carries well.
View Quote

I currently have a minimalist setup with just a riggers belt like that. Realistically, x2 pistol magazines, x2 rifle, IFAK, dump pouch, hand gun and knife. I've not had issues with the minimalist setup on the range so I'm not unhappy with it, but this will be for trekking around for extended periods of time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the regular HSGI belt.  It was very nice but also very large.  I have also been thinking about their Slim grip version.  Not to add yet another choice but Trex arms just came out with a belt that looks very similar called the Orion. https://trex-arms.com/store/t-rex-arms-orion/

Also think about what "CHAPEL_ZA" mentioned with a "minimalist setup".  To me that sounds like a good idea.  Low profile belts can be bought from Esstac, Gcode, DSG, Volund, HTC, Ares, Crye and more. It seems like people have a lot of love for Ronin and AWS.

It's hard to choose with so many choices.  I wish there was store in town that sold them all!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the HSGI slim grip belt. I've been very happy with it. I'd post up a picture but it's in my work car. I like it because being in a plain clothes assignment it's very easy to don/doff, depending on what we're doing.

It's pretty comfortable for long term wear IME. I've got a pistol/rifle combo HSGI taco, bladetech double pistol mag, IFAK, dump pouch, and safariland holster mounted on it. Rest of my rifle mags I've got mounted on my plate carrier.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#5]
How is everyone securing their pouches to the Slimgrip ? With only two rows of molle,  weaving is kinda ... unique.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is everyone securing their pouches to the Slimgrip ? With only two rows of molle,  weaving is kinda ... unique.
View Quote

I just made a single loop out of the clip.

I ordered belt tacos instead of molle to use with the slotted slimgrip.

I can't tell you how it works. It needs to get above 0* before I get too motivated to actually get out and use it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top