Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2016 1:17:44 PM EDT
Hello everyone. I have decided to take the plunge and get a PC and armor. Now, I'm no expert. Nor an I someone who needs the best of whats out there. I have no military experience. I'm just a guy who doesn't like what he sees on the news and wanted more protection. It will mostly be sitting in the closet till needed. I have been lurking here for a while. I saw this on Ebay : www.ebay.com/itm/302047579125

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a good price if its a real LBT, but black is typically a poor choice for anything other than LE usage IMO.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Store name is Legit Kit, so it must be
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have an opinion on the carrier itself other than to say it is real. Legit Kit is good to go, have bought several different pieces of gear from them before including other LBT items they had for sale, its all real, no need to worry about that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
i have ordered from this company on ebay before.  everything i received from them was legit, they are located in virginia beach,va which is also the location for london bridge trading co so it is likely they are a subsidiary.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't like the "Quick Release" velcro plate retaining system. It felt like the plates could just fall out with only a small section of velcro holding them up.
Lots of folks swear by the LBT 6094's
I prefer a little more secure method myself. Plus the cummerbund was "snug" on my physique
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a good price if its a real LBT, but black is typically a poor choice for anything other than LE usage IMO.
View Quote

Even LE (at least the tactical units) are moving away from black to more neutral tones. Too intimidating, doesn't wear well, sticks out like a sore thumb and heat retention are the main reasons.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I looked at that exact same PC, but went another route due to color for the reasons above. The last thing I want is anything black on me in the southern summer heat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:m
i have ordered from this company on ebay before.  everything i received from them was legit, they are located in virginia beach,va which is also the location for london bridge trading co so it is likely they are a subsidiary.
View Quote

Maybe a subsidiary or an individual that has a contact for over-runs.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
From someone who regularly buys from LBT and owns a 6094, I'm going to say Nooo.....

The 6094 is an amazing plate carrier, everything you need and nothing you don't. Are there better out there, sure. But how much do you want to pay?

The catch is, LBT does sales almost constantly. Just this black friday you could have bought from them a 6094 of any of the colors they offer, in the proper size you need, with a S&S precision Kangaroo Kit ($79) for roughly $250.... So if you can wait around till what you want goes on sale, you'll save money and not have to compromise or question the legitimacy of your purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top