Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 9:27:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
"NIJ Level IV" plates as a set for 5.5 lbs each and $299?

Nope. Not possible with current technologies.

Also, they have nothing on the NIJ compliance list. Not one fucking thing. So their references to "NIJ" are an attempt to be coy and misrepresent their product by suggesting it's NIJ certified without actually saying it - because it's not. I get sick of these hack companies pulling that kind of shit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Where is this list?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Here: http://nij.gov/topics/technology/body-armor/pages/compliant-ballistic-armor.aspx

They almost look like a Hesco plate? Hesco lists some pretty lightweight plates on their website. Want me to see if PA is interested in a Demo?

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"NIJ Level IV" plates as a set for 5.5 lbs each and $299?

Nope. Not possible with currently technologies.

Also, they have nothing on the NIJ compliance list. Not one fucking thing. So their references to "NIJ" are an attempt to be coy and misrepresent their product by suggesting it's NIJ certified without actually saying it - because it's not. I get sick of these hack companies pulling that kind of shit.
View Quote

That is $299 for two plates...no way in hell are you getting two 5.5 lb plates for $299 that are LVL IV rated.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here: http://nij.gov/topics/technology/body-armor/pages/compliant-ballistic-armor.aspx

They almost look like a Hesco plate? Hesco lists some pretty lightweight plates on their website. Want me to see if PA is interested in a Demo?

View Quote

Actually, they look like Chinese plates. Hesco plates don't have as much of a bulge under the wrap around the outer edge. If they are Hesco, they weigh 8.0 lbs apiece or so. Either way, someone is being deceitful.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Oh, good grief.

Stay away. Stay far, far away.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, good grief.

Stay away. Stay far, far away.
View Quote

What's the skinny on NCstar?  
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What's the skinny on NCstar?  
View Quote

They are a bottom of the barrel chinese airsoft accessory manufacturer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are a bottom of the barrel chinese airsoft accessory manufacturer.
View Quote

Hmm that's not very good if indeed PA's plates are from NCstar. I'll see if they're interested in a demo, or info share. 
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#11]
There are no details on the website. Size?  I'm guessing single curve? Thickness?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Patriot Armor did state to me that their plates are NOT Ncstar plates. A youtube video I guess will be up soon, so I guess we'll get to see how they hold up.. Or I'll keep bugging him for some T&E units
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I look forward to the video from them, if it checks out, I may, MAY just buy a set to destroy one in a independent (and very unscientific) manner and send the other one off to one of our resident armor destroyers (who ever bids highest.)
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I will go ahead and accept bets that this plate is never certified.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top