Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:28:28 AM EDT
I need a new rifle/sbr bag that will fit my 10.75" SBR.  I like the Haley Strategic INCOG bag and the Larue Tactical Covert bag.  It looks like the haley bag is 24" long and the Larue is 27.5".  I've got products from both these companies and trust their craftsmanship. Just looking for feedback good and bad from those that own either of these products. Also am considering the Tactical Tailor covert bag. It looks to be a bit longer than the other.

Tactical tailor
Larue
Haley
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say quality wise, its probably a toss up between them. That said, only one comes with dillo dust. That should make the decision for you.....
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
For light duty use, I got one of these:

Explorer Covert Case

It looks like a trumpet case, and the quality is pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of different bags that I use depending on what I'm doing:

For general use , weapon storage, range carry and for when I have my stick in the truck vault of my work vehicle I use the eagle 29 inch SBR covert carry bag. Natchez had a crazy cheap deal on these and I think I bought 4 to augment the two I was issued. Price was like 50-70. It has two compartments and is very padded and durable.

For more covert carry (PSD, surveillance or if I otherwise need to be out in public with a hidden rifle) I use either the Noveske covert bag that first spear sells or the 2 vets arms backpack that LBT carries (carried). These work great for 10 inch SBRs and don't attract a ton of attention.

Lastly, for super compact long guns ( MP5 with stock collapsed or a 10 inch SBR with law folding stock) I have a sneaky bag covert carry bag (23 inch version). It looks like a regular back pack and no one gives me a second glance when I carry it around (it's light gray with black trim).  I've also used this one countless times when I needed to have a hidden long gun while in public.

Best bag advice I can give you is to buy quality. All the bags I mentioned cost top dollar (@ $200) ( eagle bags were normally 100--150 when not on sale). Other advice is to determine what you want to use the bag for. In some cases, one stick will need 2 different bags to accommodate what you want to do.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies so far,   I think I want that Larue bag but it is shorter than the Haley bag.  I've got an SBR that measures 28" nose to tail.   Would this SBR fit in the Larue bag without seperating upper from lower?  Wondering if it might fit diagonally?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
ive been looking for a new one myself. i had one of those 5.11 ones which "worked", but was poorly built. for tossing in the car is was ok. It basically just allowed my 14.5" to fit inside it with the stock closed all the way. It looked like a skateboard bag.

I won't mind take the upper/lower apart... that being said all the above look like nice options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top