Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 3:33:11 PM EDT
HSGI Battle Belt Bridge

From HSGI's web site:

This platform is designed to bridge the gap of your Sure-Grip® Padded Belt, increasing your PALS real estate by up to six columns of webbing. It includes an HSGI® Clip to secure one end to your battle belt and field-expedient, side-release buckles for easy attachment to the other end.  These buckles also enable the Bridge to be quickly disengaged. The HSGI® Belt Bridge will only fit Sure-Grip® gaps up to two inches.
•Regain Battle Space
•Easy On/Off
View Quote

It looks kind of interesting, although it also looks as if it anything too big might be uncomfortable, and could get in the way of going prone. But, if you're not likely to go prone too frequently, or if you've got a small waist and need some more PALS webbing, it looks as if it could be useful.

I'm thinking that something along the lines of an HSGI Pogey Pouch or TT Admin Pouch might work well placed there, as it would be both thin and in the right spot to reach frequently. for example, I keep a TT Admin Pouch on my belt, on my right side, between my holster and the buckle. In it, I keep a map of my local area, a compass, and other land nav and survival stuff. Being able to open the pouch directly in front of me and access the map might be easier than trying to do so when it's off to the side.

Any thoughts on the utility of it before I go out and spend the money on payday?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I got the email too promoting it. I think it's only really relevant to someone with an ultra small waistline, can't see any other reason. If someone wants to mount a small pouch in this fashion, I would bet some field repair buckles and webbing could be rigged up to do the same think at a fraction of the price.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
But fanny packs are so much better haha way more legit too
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the idea. Sort of. However I can't stop laughing bc it looks like that old ass Pistol Belt extension all the fatasses on staff had to get back in the day
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the idea. Sort of. However I can't stop laughing bc it looks like that old ass Pistol Belt extension all the fatasses on staff had to get back in the day
View Quote

I so remember that- like seat belt extenders!
This seems like a half ass attempt to fix a design flaw in some battlebelts.  Some designs push the first useable columns of molle too far away from the center
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
This came about from numerous requests not design flaw.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's a fellow got to do to get a T&E sample to review for ARFCOM's skeptics?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I am sorry but we do not T&E after a product has been released.  We get swamped daily for that.

With verification we do have a discount for MIL/LEO.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to HiJack but,

Why did you guys stop making the universal rifle magazine pouches? They are a truly great multi-functional design and some of us don't want to run Taco's.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't need it, i hang my shell holder paddle over my nuts if I'm shooting 3-gun, otherwise I don't need anything right under my bellybutton...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The design flaw is making the padding that goes under the buckle too long and making a large gap up front that pushes the first column of molle too far to,the sides
They are plenty of battle belts that do this    You only need and opening of the buckle . A lot or people's run their pistol mag reloads right next to the buckle.  No problems seated or going prone
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks super cool but the gaps between my belt are too long. I got fat
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]
WpnsMan,

Sorry for the delay in responding I was attending MDM at Quantico.

Our UMMPS/UMMPD are currently in a discontinued status but can still be purchased retail with a minimum order of 12.  

They also have a NSN attached to them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#14]
No worries HSGI,

Glad to hear you will still make these. Seems like they would sell if you showed them "in stock" for popular colors like Coyote and Multi-cam.

I.E, I can't justify or, afford an order of 12. I appreciate the reply,

Wpns Man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top