Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2016 7:03:50 PM EDT
I ordered a belt in May. On the 8th to be exact.

I paid $72 for a belt via Paypal.

The two courses that I purchased the belt for have come and gone... still no effing belt...

After two emails, a couple Facebook PMs and after leaving a voice message I still have not heard back from them.

I'm requesting a cancelation of my order and a refund...

If I wanted to be treated like this I would have just dealt with SOE Gear.

If any of you guys have a direct contact number with Jones, I'd love for you to PM it to me.

Thanks.

UPDATE - 9/24/2016 - Paypal decided in my favor so they will refund me!

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

If any of you guys have a direct contact number with Jones, I'd love for you to PM it to me.

Thanks.

View Quote

You could have just posted this. Everything else was unnecessary.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If I recall correctly I waited 4 months for my belts a couple of years back.  I also believe it is a one man operation, There has always been a wait for his work.

He can make stuff... or he can post on facebook and spend time doing emails... making the wait longer.

The only complaint I consistently see is a lack of response to email, etc.  NEVER about his quality!

His work is worth the wait.

You also could have checked the website for a phone number

R. Jones CEO/ Founder
Address:
Jones Tactical, LLC
PO Box 162829

Atlanta

GA

30321-2829

U.S.A.

E-mail:
[email protected]
Telephone:
404-939-2611
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I recall correctly I waited 4 months for my belts a couple of years back.  I also believe it is a one man operation, There has always been a wait for his work.

He can make stuff... or he can post on facebook and spend time doing emails... making the wait longer.

The only complaint I consistently see is a lack of response to email, etc.  NEVER about his quality!

R. Jones CEO/ Founder
Address:
Jones Tactical, LLC
PO Box 162829

Atlanta

GA

30321-2829

U.S.A.

E-mail:
[email protected]
Telephone:
404-939-2611
View Quote

I guess i didn't see the fine print.

I ordered a belt from Ares last night and it shipped today...
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

R. Jones CEO/ Founder
Address:
Jones Tactical, LLC
PO Box 162829

Atlanta

GA

30321-2829

U.S.A.

E-mail:
[email protected]
Telephone:
404-939-2611
View Quote

So i'm on month 8, still worth the wait?  He doesn't return emails or funds unless threatened with BBB action.

BTW he's like 50 deep on BBB negative issues.

He's a fucking thief in my book.  I missed the Paypal window by a week because I was being patient.  His competitors are delivering in a fraction of the time.

Link to my thread about it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So i'm on month 8, still worth the wait?  He doesn't return emails or funds unless threatened with BBB action.

He's a fucking thief in my book.  I missed the Paypal window by a week because I was being patient.  His competitors are delivering in a fraction of the time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

R. Jones CEO/ Founder
Address:
Jones Tactical, LLC
PO Box 162829

Atlanta

GA

30321-2829

U.S.A.

E-mail:
[email protected]
Telephone:
404-939-2611

Ffffuuuccckkk
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

R. Jones CEO/ Founder
Address:
Jones Tactical, LLC
PO Box 162829

Atlanta

GA

30321-2829

U.S.A.

E-mail:
[email protected]
Telephone:
404-939-2611
View Quote

You seem to defend him in every thread regarding his poor business practice, are you related? because this guys business model is a train wreck... and NOBODY makes gear so great that its worth going thru all this. Nobody...
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You seem to defend him in every thread regarding his poor business practice, are you related? because this guys business model is a train wreck... and NOBODY makes gear so great that its worth going thru all this. Nobody...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

R. Jones CEO/ Founder
Address:
Jones Tactical, LLC
PO Box 162829

Atlanta

GA

30321-2829

U.S.A.

E-mail:
[email protected]
Telephone:
404-939-2611

Not related...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Not "defending"... more "educating" as to why the wait.

Thank you for your opinion.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not related...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

R. Jones CEO/ Founder
Address:
Jones Tactical, LLC
PO Box 162829

Atlanta

GA

30321-2829

U.S.A.

E-mail:
[email protected]
Telephone:
404-939-2611

Not related...

His gear looks great and I'm sure he can run a machine with the best of them, but as noted above, some people just don't need to be in business.

This reminds me of the old adage "Just because you can bake a pie doesn't mean you can run a bakery."
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I think everything else he said was perfectly necessary
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Thanks. I was venting but I figured some folks would ask for the details anyway.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
what belt did you order?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
what belt did you order?
View Quote

1.75" Shooters Belt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#14]
He responded tonight after another private message on Facebook.

Says that he will "try" to get my belt out tomorrow.

I hope this story has a happy ending.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Thanks!

I ordered one from Ares on Sunday and it shipped in Monday... That's how this is supposed to work.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Those belts take about 5 minutes to sew.  Wonder if the buckles were the hold up?  
CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Buy an Ares Gear belt and call it a day.

I've been buying Ares Gear since they started, and they are good people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I disagree. I now know never to give money to this scumbag. I don't care if he shits gold. Manufacturing a product isn't the only aspect of business. If it takes you months to produce what others do in a tenth of the time you're doing something VERY wrong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I emailed him on his face book page and told him I had been waiting for the Velcro Inner belt I ordered back on 8May.. No response until about 3 days later and a USPS Priority box showed up with my Inner velcro belt...So I got want I paid for, and I'm out....
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#21]
This is why I like to come check the gear forum every once in a while; customer experiences always crop up here giving me a good idea who, and who NOT, to do business with. With tactical nylon it seems there are quite a few good producers that, for whatever reason, simply can't deliver on a reasonable time table.

I ordered a Chicom chest rig (awesome rig BTW) from 7.62 Tactical on March 3rd, description said 2-3 week turnaround time. After a couple of months of nothing I sent one message via his site, another a week later through email. I never received a response from either. It finally arrived at my doorstep the 20th of July. I really didn't need the rig promptly for anything so I really didn't care BUT after three months of no product and a given time frame of maximum three weeks you start to get worried that you've been forgotten. I'm sure 99% of all the complaints these gear producers receive would go away if they were just more up front with their actual production times; nobody feels forgotten and anyone who needs their stuff pronto knows to look somewhere else.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I am still waiting on a belt ordered last October. I have FB messaged him and sent him messages on Instagram. After receiving no response, I posted on his "wall" for everyone to see. He subsequently deleted the posts and blocked me on both.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#23]
The guy is notorious for this and has been catching flak about it for many years now.

If he'd smarten the fuck up, a lot of it could be avoided.  Oh I don't know... maybe like posting a statement on his website and social media about his wait times and how he doesn't have much time to communicate but will get to you asap.  I think most people are pretty forgiving when waiting on gear but they start to lose patience when they're waiting months for a 2 week item and no one is talking to them.  They don't like thinking they've been forgotten and/or ignored by the person they've already paid.

If he's got time to go about deleting questions and comments he doesn't like, then he's got time to send a simple message explaining that although he's backed up, he is doing his best to get to your order.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#24]
He promised me the belt two weeks ago.

Still no belt. Still no refund.

I've made a claim with paypal...
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I have tried to send him multiple direct messages and not a single one has been returned. I even created a "fake" Instagram account to send him messages to see if he would respond...no response.

Unfortunately, the purchase was made for me through someones Paypal account whom I no longer associate with so a refund is out of the question.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have tried to send him multiple direct messages and not a single one has been returned. I even created a "fake" Instagram account to send him messages to see if he would respond...no response.

Unfortunately, the purchase was made for me through someones Paypal account whom I no longer associate with so a refund is out of the question.
View Quote

Do you think the person who's account you used may have changed the shipping address and it sent to them instead ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Update in OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top