Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 2:20:05 PM EDT
I am setting up a new MOLLE-based rig, and I have some legacy equipment designed to mount to a regular belt. Is there an adapter that attaches to MOLLE that presents a belt-like horizontal strap (say 1.5" wide) upon which I could mount said legacy equipment? If not, how about a MOLLE base with a generic, semi-rigid flat plate that I could drill to mount the items to directly?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not use an AWS and mount directly to the belt? Then use their MOLLE adapters on the belt for MOLLE stuff? Stitching MOLLE on a belt only to put an adapter on to use belt stuff seems beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think you want a MOLLE K-Bar Adaptor: https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=BAE-4135.  The front of this has two panels that secure with Velcro, and it will accept items like a K-Bar leather sheath which has a belt loop.  It will also accept gear with ALICE clips and the older metal belt hooks.  This has a visible rectangle of stitching that attaches the Velcro to the outer flap that secures the belt-looped item.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am setting up a new MOLLE-based rig, and I have some legacy equipment designed to mount to a regular belt. Is there an adapter that attaches to MOLLE that presents a belt-like horizontal strap (say 1.5" wide) upon which I could mount said legacy equipment? If not, how about a MOLLE base with a generic, semi-rigid flat plate that I could drill to mount the items to directly?

I think you want a MOLLE K-Bar Adaptor: https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=BAE-4135.  The front of this has two panels that secure with Velcro, and it will accept items like a K-Bar leather sheath which has a belt loop.  It will also accept gear with ALICE clips and the older metal belt hooks.  This has a visible rectangle of stitching that attaches the Velcro to the outer flap that secures the belt-looped item.

I bought a few of those and opted to sell them, pull the cummerbund out of my FLC, attach my UTG duty belt to the lowest MOLLE loops with belt keepers and run my belt stuff through the belt (including nylon glove pouches that nestle in my SOB) and get MOLLE pouches to carry some stuff on the FLC itself. Won't show up well in photos but maybe a video or in person.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
CLARIFICATION: I want to use Safariland ELS stuff on my battle belt. I already have ELS-belt adapters. I have ordered a BladeTek MOLLE adapter kit... I will post here how it works out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, I found a solution that I think is going to work really well: The small Blade Tech Molle Lok Attachment System. This system is designed to allow Blade Tech holsters to attach to a MOLLE rig, but it is perfect for attaching Safariland ELS receiver plates also.

Each kit comprises a pair of hinged, rigid plastic clips that slide through the MOLLE straps, and which have countersunk holes for mounting screws. A single clip can be used to secure an ELS receiver plate, so each kit let me mount two ELS accessories. The holes in the clip align perfectly with the holes in the ELS receiver plate, and the hardware provided in the kit is the perfect size to join the clip to the receiver plate without interfering with the installation/removal of an ELS fork/accessory. The photos below show how everything goes together.

What is great about this approach is that the clip secures through only a single set of MOLLE loops, making it very space-efficient. The clips are made from rigid plastic, and have a quick release closure at the bottom, so the whole contraption is quick and easy to install and remove from the MOLLE system at will. I plan to use these for a 3-Gun competition where "tactical" equipment is required; this will allow me to add and remove shotshell caddies as needed without otherwise disrupting my MOLLE rig.

I will post back here after the match, to report how secure everything proved to be under match conditions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top