Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 5:01:45 PM EDT
Anyone run one of these? Are you happy with it? I was going to go with a HSGI cobra and slim grip. I think the Ronin is more what I am looking for, just looking for some feedback. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I plan on getting the Warriors belt.

All the reviews of the Senshi/warriors/shooter belts have been A+.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Warriors belt.  I love it.  It's really well made.  I'm probably going to pick up another one to set up for an AR15.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Warriors belt.  I love it.  It's really well made.  I'm probably going to pick up another one to set up for an AR15.  
View Quote

Holster brand?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u678/572890/Firearms/20160610_2209131_zpspsbrmman.jpg
View Quote

Is the warriors stiff enought for that setup?

I don't need to D ring on the buckle so I was going to go with a shooters belt. But then I watched the videos on his site and it seems that the shooter/warrior is not as stiff as the senshi/task force. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Holster brand?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holster brand?

Comp-Tac International.  I love it.

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u678/572890/Firearms/20160610_2209131_zpspsbrmman.jpg

I don't need to D ring on the buckle so I was going to go with a shooters belt. But then I watched the videos on his site and it seems that the shooter/warrior is not as stiff as the senshi/task force. Thanks.

It's pretty stiff.  I can take pictures tonight of it under load when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe I just suck but I can't find that holster anywhere on comp tacs site.  You got a link?  Thing looks good
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Maybe I just suck but I can't find that holster anywhere on comp tacs site.  You got a link?  Thing looks good
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comp-Tac Light Bearing Holster
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I understand, the senshi is really stiff. So I assume the warriors/shooter is more than adequate.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
A Ronin is just an AWS with MOLLE stitched on which Ronin outsources. Ronin does not even do any custom stuff and has poor customer service IMO. Well... AWS is worse. You can buy MOLLE panels for the AWS and have more control over placement of your stuff and can fit more holsters too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#10]
It's pretty stiff.  Here is a pic with the Velcro liner.

And here it is without the Velcro belt liner.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

A Ronin is just an AWS with MOLLE stitched on which Ronin outsources. Ronin does not even do any custom stuff and has poor customer service IMO. Well... AWS is worse. You can buy MOLLE panels for the AWS and have more control over placement of your stuff and can fit more holsters too.
View Quote

I just received my AWS belt and love it.  Planning to do a full review next week after a rifle class.  But from what I can tell just wearing around the house...the AWS is the best bang for the buck
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the Ronin, I'm very happy with it.

I would go through them before AWS absolutely
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered a task force, should be here in a couple days. I'll post my thoughts after this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered a task force, should be here in a couple days. I'll post my thoughts after this weekend.
View Quote

I'm interested as well. Looking to pick one up OR the G Code contact series belt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sure it's AWS? Looks more like a Tyr Tactical product. http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/gunfighter-belts/tyr-tactical-gunfighter-belt/
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Pretty sure AWS makes all Ronin's gear.  Just look at the med pouches, they are identical.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
AWS and Ronin are both just knock-offs of the TYR Gunfighter.

I have one and love it. Can't recommend them enough.

Just be prepared for up to a 60 day wait if you order one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got the Ronin Task Force belt and am very happy with it, it's built well and my other belts are now collecting dust.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Does Molle gear slide around at all with the webbing on the belt only being half width? Want to attach HSGI tacos etc....any issues??
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Got my task force, damn it's stiff. Haven't loaded it up with crap yet though. I will try running my belt mount tacos that I already have for now. Trying to avoid spending another $120 on molle tacos.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Ran my task force belt this past weekend and it was awesome. Two pistol tacos and two rifle tacos, plus a TRex Ragnarok on a Safariland UBL mid with thigh strap. Everything was perfectly secure and comfortable.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I know I'm a little late to the party on this thread but figured I'd throw out another similar option

Volund Gearworks Micro Battle Belt V2

Here it is below compared to my HSGI Slimgrip Battle Belt (which is already low-profile with only 2 rows of molle).  

(click thumbnails for bigger pics)

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#23]
The Volund belt has the Following:
- LAS Concealment G17 Kydex Holster with G-Code RTI Optimal Drop Platform
- HSGI Microgrip Neoprene Pad Inside.  
- HSGI Belt Mount Tacos (way easier then molle)
- ATS Slimline Roll Up Dump Pouch.
- Soon to get Coyote Tactical Solutions "Slim Tear Off Medical Pouch".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top