Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 8:01:07 PM EDT
I am looking for a good combo. I would like a level 2 vest to wear while being an rso an would like a ceramic set up to go over my my shirt and vest while doing tactical rifle classes.

Question, does it make Sense to have a level 2 on under level 4 plates?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Vest will cover more than plates.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it does.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What would be a good source for discreet vest and then plate carrier and plates? I would prefer one vendor to deal with to get the best pairing advice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What would be a good source for discreet vest and then plate carrier and plates? I would prefer one vendor to deal with to get the best pairing advice.
View Quote
I'm also interested in a good source of soft armor. My police surplus
IIA vest is older than I am and certainly isn't as concealable as I'd
like. So far Bulletproofme.com seems to have the best combo of price and
quality but I'm pretty inexperienced here. I just don't want to spend a
fortune.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Crye Precision LVS. Velocity Systems ULV. First Spear NOC.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#6]
The most discreet concealable vest available is the Point Blank Executive.  I have one with the Alpha Elite level II panels but you can also get Alpha Elite Black IIIA panels.  You give up side protection but it is lighter and breathes better than anything out there.  Mine is 2lb 3oz ready to wear.  It is made for low profile dignitary protection type wear, concealable under a dress shirt.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crye Precision LVS. Velocity Systems ULV. First Spear NOC.
View Quote

Has anyone laid eyes on the NOC?  Other than Soldier Systems?  I never saw any reviews or anything.  I'll be looking for new soft armor next year.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at a low visibility armor carrier which holds BALCS armor for full protection.  There is a seller on ebay offering the eagle LVAC in black all sizes for 150.

Check out OPtactical for the velocity systems Level IV ICW plates and a Crye JPC carrier.

You can also put the plates in the LVAC with the BALCS if you desired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top