Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 3:32:51 PM EDT
What specific IFAK items would be recommended that would fit in a std M4 double mag pouch?
Tomac
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the pocket epik and plate pocket epik. They have a couple different smaller options.

Ar500
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Tactical Tailor "Universal" mag pouch. It's a 3x AR mag pouch that needs 2 columns of webbing.

If you need the extra capacity for a pouch, it's worth considering.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the Tactical Tailor "Universal" mag pouch. It's a 3x AR mag pouch that needs 2 columns of webbing.
If you need the extra capacity for a pouch, it's worth considering.
View Quote

Thanks, but I'm looking for a list of possible contents for a double mag pouch.
Tomac
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A tourniquet, an Israeli Bandage, some gloves and one or two H and H Compression bandages.Maybe an Nasopharyngeal airway if you can fit it.

Stopping the flow of blood and keeping the airway open  is going to fix most problems.

That's my $.02
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A tourniquet, an Israeli Bandage, some gloves and one or two H and H Compression bandages.Maybe an Nasopharyngeal airway if you can fit it.

Stopping the flow of blood and keeping the airway open  is going to fix most problems.

That's my $.02
View Quote

Thx! That's exactly the kind of specific suggestions I'm looking for.
Tomac
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]

I'll try and remember to get a pic of the contents of mine today.  A regular old double mag pouch is a tight fit for much med gear and an inner sleeve, insert or pouch will help immensely.  Sticking a CAT in there definitely won't allow much of anything else to fit.

From my hazy memory:  NAR chest tube, Hyfin chest seal, quickclot, size 28 NPA, small roll of tape, maybe that's it.

Tactical Tailor makes a cool looking insert.  The older ATS med tray won't fit.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll try and remember to get a pic of the contents of mine today.  A regular old double mag pouch is a tight fit for much med gear and an inner sleeve, insert or pouch will help immensely.  Sticking a CAT in there definitely won't allow much of anything else to fit.

From my hazy memory:  NAR chest tube, Hyfin chest seal, quickclot, size 28 NPA, small roll of tape, maybe that's it.

View Quote

I think that is the problem with most med kits, They have too much unneeded stuff. I don't carry anything I don't know how to use well... so a Tourniquet, airway tube and some blood stoppers is all I need to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#8]
CAT TQ, quik clot gauze, gloves in a freezer bag (for sealing sucking chest wound), sharpie, nasopharyngeal, gauze to fit
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I think my small IFAK is just:
6" Izzy bandage
CAT-T
Gloves
Gloves
Gloves
Gloves
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think that is the problem with most med kits, They have too much unneeded stuff. I don't carry anything I don't know how to use well... so a Tourniquet, airway tube and some blood stoppers is all I need to deal with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, but a chest seal would be a good addition. If one can't use a chest seal, they should just throw away the rest of their med supplies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#13]
- Izzy/Oales/etc
- Combat Gauze
- nitrile gloves
- small roll duct tape (if you can grab a roll of the stuff that comes in issue IFAK...this
- Naso tube and lube
- 14 guage dart

Last two items are invasive and if you're not training in application, either get TCCC training or stay away

place items in this:

http://www.skdtac.com/ATS-Low-Profile-Medical-Insert-p/ats.111.htm

Will slide into double mag pouch, mark pouch and roll out...

TQ should be mounted high/centerline in a covered horizontal pouch...if you have to carry exposed with bungee/rubber bands, be aware that UV light will degrade it and it won't be as secure...placement is most important, high centerline so someone can see it and apply, or you can grab and apply without digging through a pouch
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's my experimental setup: ATS Insert w/Celox injector, Quik-Clot combat gauze, Israeli bandage & small bottle of iodine. This will snugly fit into an AR double mag cell w/no room left over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top