Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2016 11:57:46 PM EDT
I am 6 foot 5 inches and 175 lbs with a 32 inch waist. My lower half is a littler longer than my upper half.

I just picked up:
Mayflower Assault Plate Carrier (APC) - Coyote - S/M
Mayflower Molle Cummerbund for Assault Plate Carrier (APC) - Coyote - Medium
PIG Plate Carrier Elastic Cummerbund (PIG-PC-CBE) - Coyote (Thinking I should be able to swap out the Cummerbund for a more lo-profile feel)
PIG Hydration Carrier Gen 2 (2L) - Coyote w/ Velcro Loop

Looking to put the AR5000 Level IV Body Armor in the Mayflower APC as it will be a nice snug fit.

I'm assuming I'd order 2 of these, one for the front and one for the back. Does it mater if they are curved/ergonomic?

Looking to pick up the ATS Tactical Aegis V2 in Large, and find some Large Level IV Body Armor to place inside if the Mayflower APC in S/M ends up "leaving me vulnerable".

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the question?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Im 6ft, 167lbs, 45" chest 31" waist and i wear a s/m carrier and 10x12 plates cover me fine.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm assuming I'd order 2 of these, one for the front and one for the back. Does it mater if they are curved/ergonomic?

View Quote

get the curved version and never look back
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Im 6'-0" 180-190 lbs 42 or 44" chest I cant remember.
I wear size Large ESAPI
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#5]
the plate is designed to cover your vital areas (bottom of the ribs up to your clavicles)

NOT from your clavicles to your belly button.

im 6', 180# and s/m plate carrier fits me.

HERE IS A PDF that explains fit and gives you many examples.  use cardboard to cut the plate size to see if it's going to cover the vital areas of blood flow..
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]
For your size I would recommend using large size plates especially, for the back plate. It would be hard to cover all vital areas as illustrated in the diagram above with a 10x12 or medium sapi cut. I definitely recommend getting a triple curve plate for comfort as well as the single curve are not very comfortable. I have owned the ATS Aegis and it is a solid PC. It is cut very trim and fits the plate by size and cut, so if you get large plates make sure that you get sapi cut plates otherwise they may not fit the carrier well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top