Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2016 8:31:07 PM EDT
I need some ideas for the 2 pocket and pouch. whatya say? what can I use it for?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Mission drives the gear. Don't go looking to stuff shit in a pouch just because it's there. Post what you carry and the purpose of the rig, and maybe you can get some solid suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the left pouch for a minimalist blow out kit.  Right and expandable pouch changes whenever I shoot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking down on my chest. Left hand pouch holds my radio (Baofeng with short battery) with a cable running around cummerbund to antenna on back of PC. Right pouch has compass and an Izzy. Sometimes a Clif bar. Sharpie and water bottle in stuff-it pouch or I just leave it empty.

I added the Multi mission hanger to mine and really like it. Usually run Med stuff,
3 X 5 cards, and a map case in there.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies. I also apologize for not explaining what is used for. Is basically at home PC that will roll with me in the vehicle from time to time until I can afford a car rig and basically to have there "just in case"  Thank you again!
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.skdtac.com/skd-bag-of-dicks-p/skd.808.htm

Never know when you need to inflict blunt trauma
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the replies. I also apologize for not explaining what is used for. Is basically at home PC that will roll with me in the vehicle from time to time until I can afford a car rig and basically to have there "just in case"  Thank you again!
View Quote

I find I have a problem: if there's places to put stuff, I want to put stuff there. If for no other reason than just because I want to see what I can get away with.
This, unfortunately, has led me down an expensive path littered with thigh holsters, leg panels, molle belts, extraneous pouches, hydration pouches, glow sticks, med kits galore and loadouts that include 8-primary mags and 5 secondary mags.
What I learned, excuse me, continue to learn, is that I need to focus on what's necessary.

I had a Haley D3 as well up until this week.  My justification for it?: run it as a chest rig by itself, and also be able to attach it to my plate carrier for the exact same loadout. Same same = easier training.
I put it in the closet as a go-to rig for SHTF, rioters, North Koreans, zombies and so on.  Took it out to the range a few times and shot with it in varied positions.  Really a nice rig.  Wasn't sure what to do with the stuff-it pouch so I put a TQ in there. And, because I have this nagging itch, I couldn't just leave the GP pouches alone.  I wanted to put a baofeng radio in one but instead I stuff it full of glow sticks, multitool, writing utensils, write in the rain book, blah blah blah. The other one I marked for IFAK and put a small blow-out kit in there.  What I realized was that over 90% of the time I was going to be using this thing at the range and all it needed to do was hold mags up for me. The rest was just fluff that made me look like I was trying to hard to be cool-guy-operator-5000.  I'm much more likely to end up in a situation where I draw a handgun in self defense then I ever am to don a chest rig for anything other than recreation.
To that end, i've off-loaded some gear and focused on a chest rig that's main focus is feeding my primary ammo. Whether it be 5.56, .308, or even 12ga.  A work in progress.  Other items like comms, medical or misc can be added to my person as individual pieces and therefore scale with the need.
Hot day or extended carbine course and need water? = small pack with hydration bladder instead of dedicated pouch for that
Just running a pistol?= holster and belt mounted mag pouch instead of having pistol mags on chest rig and/or belt
Just running an AR out in the woods?=chest rig with just AR mags in it
Running the .308 AR and want to be able to lay prone more comfortably?= chestrig with just 3 .308 mags on it is a lot easier to lay on than a D3 chocked full of stuff
Steam powered nazi-zombies invade?= belt with holster, pistol mags, rifle mag speed reload, dump pouch, and IFAK. Chest rig with  primary mags mounted to plate carrier and a boo boo pouch full of gummy bears.

YMMV, but what I'm trying to say is think about what you absolutely would need in those pouches and try that. Or, if you can't think of anything, leave them empty and use them as you need them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was a really good post, enjoyed reading it. You are right on that and that's why the stuff it and other pouches are empty because I just dont wanna fill it up with nonsense. My main goal also is basically to have ammo readily available, so I guess that for now a TQ will suffice on it, I would've gone the taco way for only 3 mags but the down part is that they stay there and I like the ability of removing the rig and staying with the PC if anything.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Mines set up pretty simply.  From left to right looking at the pick, GP holds M18 Smoke, Radio (generic one for pic, duty radio sits in my gun belt, so realistically that pouch will be empty unless i ditched my belt for some reason) 1 spare pistol mag (if I need more than 3 spare pistol mags in my line of work, I fucked up bad or murphy has it out for me), then in the far right is mini IFAK with QC, Chest Seal, Pin, Small Izzy.  AR Pistol is for HD

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.skdtac.com/skd-bag-of-dicks-p/skd.808.htm

Never know when you need to inflict blunt trauma
View Quote

What on Earth...
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Apparently a new chest rig or something is coming out soon. They have been teasing it on their Instagram. Called "X"
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Apparently a new chest rig or something is coming out soon. They have been teasing it on their Instagram. Called "X"
View Quote

I'm guessing plate carrier.

ETA teaser pics one, two, and three.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will find out soon enough
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next week.

Teaser pic number four.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Next week.

Teaser pic number four.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next week.

Teaser pic number four.

Well at least we know its a chest rig
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looking down on my chest. Left hand pouch holds my radio (Baofeng with short battery) with a cable running around cummerbund to antenna on back of PC. Right pouch has compass and an Izzy. Sometimes a Clif bar. Sharpie and water bottle in stuff-it pouch or I just leave it empty.

I added the Multi mission hanger to mine and really like it. Usually run Med stuff,

YMMV.
View Quote

Mind sharing details on the antenna and cable?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV.

I was going to ask this myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top