Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2016 2:14:37 PM EDT
After looking around for a low cost battle belt for my SHTF setup, I settled on the Granite Gear Patrol Belt. I looked around for reviews on it, and only found one on youtube, so since there aren't many out there, I figured I would write one. Since I'm probably not going to use it much, I didn't want to spend the money on some of the higher-end belts. This one was a little over $25 from Botach.
The belt seems to be made pretty well, all the stitching is tight and clean, and everything looks even, no defects or uneven webbing. The padding is pretty stiff, and the belt isn't too tall, so it stays up well, and doesn't fold over like I've heard some of the other cheaper belts do. And it doesn't have rings for suspenders, so it's good that it's sturdy. The Patrol Belt comes with an inner belt, but the inner belt is actually sewn to the outer sleeve, and can't be removed at all. The front of the inner belt is nylon, and the back is elastic, so if you're bigger than the natural fit, it will stretch to fit you, but if you're smaller, you can't adjust it to make it tighter. The molle portion on the front of the sleeve opens up giving access to the inner belt, and is held closed by a tab that slides in behind the front row of webbing. The rest of the sleeve is sewn down, so you can't access the inner belt at any other point.
Overall I don't think it's bad for the price. At under $30 you can't really expect too much, but I'm sure it'll serve it's purpose of sitting around in case the world ends. I'm not really up to date on on the battle belts, so if I missed anything, let me know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top