Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 3:48:20 PM EDT
I already have a belt. looking for a spare 1.5" or 1.75" inner velcro belt in a color other then black. (Tan/Coyote preferred)
Whos a good choice ( Remember its a piece of webbing with velcro seen to it)

So no custom 20 week lead times please.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one of these; no complaints.  It's simple, sturdy, and cheap.

DSG Inner velcro belt
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Bam

Got mine in less than a week.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I 2nd the DSG belt. Their coyote color matches the new Army belt color pretty much perfectly. It's a great, cheap belt with super fast shipping.

I'll caveat though: anybody know a Velcro covered belt that's a bit more substantial but still a decent value? Something with g-hooks or something that is still low pro but doesn't rely on Velcro 100% for when an outer belt is not over the top.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]

I was in the same boat as the previous poster.  I wanted a velcro inner belt for my cop gear that could work independently to carry my off duty gun.  The old velcro only closure wasn't exactly confidence inspiring.  I wanted something w some type of closure that was low profile as well.

I made my own using a tan mil surplus belt w the metal pass back buckle.  It's not very stiff but it works fine for a S&W Shield.  Since the buckle is ambi, at the end of shift I flip it around in the belt loops so velcro isn't catching on my shirts.

You could buy the parts for dirt cheap off ebay and have a sew shop do the work.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was in the same boat as the previous poster.  I wanted a velcro inner belt for my cop gear that could work independently to carry my off duty gun.  The old velcro only closure wasn't exactly confidence inspiring.  I wanted something w some type of closure that was low profile as well.

I made my own using a tan mil surplus belt w the metal pass back buckle.  It's not very stiff but it works fine for a S&W Shield.  Since the buckle is ambi, at the end of shift I flip it around in the belt loops so velcro isn't catching on my shirts.

You could buy the parts for dirt cheap off ebay and have a sew shop do the work.  

View Quote

You sir, are brilliant. I'll do mine up with loop around the bulk of it, and probably have a chunk of hook put on the inside of the leader too... I have a phobia of my pants falling down.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the DSG offering (in tan) because my gun belt came with a black velcro liner belt and it was technically against our uniform regs. I just found TYR now sells their liner belt for their gunfighter belt separate.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered the tan belt from DGS... I guess we'll see if the one I ordered from Jones Tactical ever shows up... Not going to bother to pursue that one based on the thread about it...

Thanks gentlemen... your all that and a bag of cheese puffs...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top