Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got mine. Now I need some advice. Should I get a pre made panel from esstac, or go with a plain panel and a bfg tenspeed triple?  Or another option?

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got mine. Now I need some advice. Should I get a pre made panel from esstac, or go with a plain panel and a bfg tenspeed triple?  Or another option?

<a href="http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/jbraman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DDE80162-6611-4133-81EC-93DB816E86F4_zpsn0yatyzl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/jbraman1/Mobile%20Uploads/DDE80162-6611-4133-81EC-93DB816E86F4_zpsn0yatyzl.jpg</a>
View Quote

Excellent choice.  I went with the Esstac 5.56 front panel mainly because it added less bulk than choosing a molle panel with pouches attached to that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/jbraman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DDE80162-6611-4133-81EC-93DB816E86F4_zpsn0yatyzl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/jbraman1/Mobile%20Uploads/DDE80162-6611-4133-81EC-93DB816E86F4_zpsn0yatyzl.jpg</a>
View Quote

I think if i was doing it again I'd just get a panel from esstac. My molle one + bfg ten speed is a little thick, and the ome thing i don't like about ten speed is putting mags back in them.
The pouches from esstac really are great.  Easy in and out,  and they can collapse under pressure with no mag inside.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think if i was doing it again I'd just get a panel from esstac. My molle one + bfg ten speed is a little thick, and the ome thing i don't like about ten speed is putting mags back in them.
The pouches from esstac really are great.  Easy in and out,  and they can collapse under pressure with no mag inside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe pointless but have you ever tried adding the retention device from the esstac pouch in the ten speed pouch? If so hows it work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Excellent choice.  I went with the Esstac 5.56 front panel mainly because it added less bulk than choosing a molle panel with pouches attached to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

cp
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered mine this evening. How long has it taken for you guys to get yours after ordering?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ordered mine this evening. How long has it taken for you guys to get yours after ordering?
View Quote

I ordered mine on 7/25.  Received it on 7/30.. Buy the personal protection kit 4SAS7 from highcomsecurity for $350.  Sell the low profile PC that comes with it for $100.  That gets you a set of level IVmulti hit rated ceramic plates for $250.  Smoking deal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a contact email for Esstac? I've tried twice using their website contact feature with no response.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got my Daeodon Light PC from Esstac.

This thing is awesome. I'm really impressed by the quality and construction of it. Fits the 10x12 HESCO LVIV plates perfect.

This is my first PC. A big thanks to the OP for his detailed post. I was hoping there was a way for me to adjust the straps.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was hoping there was a way for me to adjust the straps.

View Quote

You can't adjust the shoulder straps or the cummerbund?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they absolutely can be adjusted on the Daeodon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mNlMqNJ3JQ
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/box-4.jpg

This thing is awesome. I'm really impressed by the quality and construction of it. Fits the 10x12 HESCO LVIV plates perfect.

This is my first PC. A big thanks to the OP for his detailed post. I was hoping there was a way for me to adjust the straps.

View Quote

Whats the story with Daedon Light? New version? The shoulder straps seem a bit thinner that usual? I like that there is webbing to put stuff like PTT's etc on them. That carrier with the mesh cummerbund might be the next acquisition
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Whats the story with Daedon Light? New version? The shoulder straps seem a bit thinner that usual? I like that there is webbing to put stuff like PTT's etc on them. That carrier with the mesh cummerbund might be the next acquisition
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just see the different cummberbund options on their site.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Daeodon is designed around the Large sapi size/profile, the light is scaled down a bit and optimized for 10x12's.

10x12's fit perfectly in the Daeo, so you are not compromising anything going with it verse the Light, you do loose some options going with the light however, back webbing, Larger Buns and greater plate flexibility.  It was done moreso for an active shooter setup, plates and a couple mags when not much else is needed.  And donning it quickly and running in-conjunction with a duty belt in mind(most of your goodies on the belt).

Body is 1.5" shorter, tad narrower, .Shoulders are .5" narrower and moved twords the center a tad.

Upper webbing was added specifically for PTT's, and done in a way to limited mounting options for other things purposely  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Daeodon is designed around the Large sapi size/profile, the light is scaled down a bit and optimized for 10x12's.

10x12's fit perfectly in the Daeo, so you are not compromising anything going with it verse the Light, you do loose some options going with the light however, back webbing, Larger Buns and greater plate flexibility.  It was done moreso for an active shooter setup, plates and a couple mags when not much else is needed.  And donning it quickly and running in-conjunction with a duty belt in mind(most of your goodies on the belt).

Body is 1.5" shorter, tad narrower, .Shoulders are .5" narrower and moved twords the center a tad.

Upper webbing was added specifically for PTT's, and done in a way to limited mounting options for other things purposely  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mmm! Sounds like a sick carrier
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, I worded that wrong. I'm glad to see that I CAN adjust them, as I didn't know I could before seeing the OP.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you need to call for the light version?  I have a set of "10x12" plates and run them in a large SAPI carrier but there is a bit of slop (but they are too big for medium SAPI carriers).
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do you need to call for the light version?  I have a set of "10x12" plates and run them in a large SAPI carrier but there is a bit of slop (but they are too big for medium SAPI carriers).
View Quote

I would just call them. Much easier that way.
cp
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Creator Speakith!!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got any pics of the Light version? I'm ready to place an order and this may be the version for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:04:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But what if I prefer most everything about the light, but would like to have it basically be a full fledged carrier, molle on the back etc. Which buns are't compatible or do you just mean larger as in larger sized buns. Is the hydro carrier compatible or no?

I really dig the narrower straps, more centered straps, shorter body, just the overall smaller footprint. I already have an APC & was looking at stuff a little smaller than that, JPC, DA Spitfire etc for, like you said, a throw & go rig in conjunction with a belt. This really seems to fit the bill, but I'd like to have the options to plus up with side bun armor & possibly side plates if needed. Does this work? Is that doable with the light?

Man, I miss the ol Esstac forums to see all the different versions & prototypes you cook up
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Got any pics of the Light version? I'm ready to place an order and this may be the version for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine above is the new "Light" version. Or rather, the Daeodon ASS...
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/XmtH5uts.png

But what if I prefer most everything about the light, but would like to have it basically be a full fledged carrier, molle on the back etc. Which buns are't compatible or do you just mean larger as in larger sized buns. Is the hydro carrier compatible or no?

I really dig the narrower straps, more centered straps, shorter body, just the overall smaller footprint. I already have an APC & was looking at stuff a little smaller than that, JPC, DA Spitfire etc for, like you said, a throw & go rig in conjunction with a belt. This really seems to fit the bill, but I'd like to have the options to plus up with side bun armor & possibly side plates if needed. Does this work? Is that doable with the light?

Man, I miss the ol Esstac forums to see all the different versions & prototypes you cook up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/XmtH5uts.png

CALL ESSTAC
cp
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Placed my order last monday, nothing yet
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#26]
This is where it's at now. Waiting on some more goodies coming in to put on it. Pontoons, ATS pouch for my med insert, then it's about done unless I decide to put hydro on it. Or any other non vital tactical shit I decide would work for me Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is where it's at now. Waiting on some more goodies coming in to put on it. Pontoons, ATS pouch for my med insert, then it's about done unless I decide to put hydro on it. Or any other non vital tactical shit I decide would work for me Any suggestions?

<a href="http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/jbraman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2ADA06BE-6EAA-4D86-BFFD-C369A15D306A_zps6zyvp3yn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/jbraman1/Mobile%20Uploads/2ADA06BE-6EAA-4D86-BFFD-C369A15D306A_zps6zyvp3yn.jpg</a>
View Quote

Damn thats Sexy!  

I prefer the ESSTAC Tear away Med pouch or any Tear away Med Pouch and a couple TQ's. Tear aways are Waaaaaay.. easier to work with from a PC.
Other than that, maybe a small/medium Utility pouch and Hydro of some kind. The only other thing may be a radio pouch if you run comms.
I wouldn't add to much more than that really.
cp
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are most welcome Sir! Now go get it Dirty!

cp
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I was thinking of using the ATS small pouch for the med insert and using Molle stix for it so it can be quickly removed. Not "tear away" but close. I'll most likely go with esstac or pig hydro. This particular rig is civilian based (my work rig is pig)  so my vhf radio fits nicely in that ten speed pouch you see in the pic. I put a tac tailor fight light double mag pouch around my left side toward the back just so I can load a couple extras if need be. Tqs will be put one on the med pouch and one on my support shoulder. Next step is get it dirty and see what does or doesn't work.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#31]
On the full version, does the cummerbund hold side plates? If not, how would i be able to use them?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

On the full version, does the cummerbund hold side plates? If not, how would i be able to use them?
View Quote
http://www.esstac.com/product-page/e75027a5-9aef-d475-a42d-a3bcd6d0a777

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, I saw that. But I would like to know if it will hold hard armor plates, specifically the Highcom 6x6 or 6x8 side plates.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes, I saw that. But I would like to know if it will hold hard armor plates, specifically the Highcom 6x6 or 6x8 side plates.
View Quote

The SOft armor carriers posted above are available now. Stu has Hard Armor Side plate carrier pouch in the works. Dont know details but rest assured they will be at least as well though out as the rest of this system. It just takes time to Launch a new product and all the accessories (read as "Strap ons" )  

They are coming..........
cp
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#35]
They just posted this up on facebook:

The coyote/ranger green one is mine. Thoroughly excited!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Omg. I need that color scheme in my life. Maybe the black kryptek too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14324355_1586297668338942_38512282925809828_o.jpg

View Quote

Ha! As I believe I've heard Stu opine before... real mans multicam

Those look awesome, are they all lights? That coyote one in the front with the mesh bun looks dope.....goddamnit my wallet can't handle this site at times! lol.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Those look awesome, are they all lights? That coyote one in the front with the mesh bun looks dope.....goddamnit my wallet can't handle this site at times! lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14324355_1586297668338942_38512282925809828_o.jpg

All standards. The black and the coyote ones have mesh cummerbunds, the others have standard cummerbunds.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

If not you can get side armor pouches on Amazon for $7. I made a thread about it not too long ago. They are gtg.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Could you link the thread here? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

All standards. The black and the coyote ones have mesh cummerbunds, the others have standard cummerbunds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can request Mesh or Standard Bunds or a Belt on any of them when you Order. If it is not a selection, put it in the special instructions.
chuck

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Wait!

Why does the title now say " & new ESSTAC Battle Belt" ???

Pics and review coming soon....... or........ you could go to ESSTAC.com too.

cp
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#43]
In, for one Tequila Tuesday...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top