Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2016 2:34:54 PM EDT
I'm wanting to buy a "micro battle belt" and I'm needing help deciding between Ronin Tactics and TYR.  

Does anyone have experience with either of these belts?  I'm leaning more toward the Ronin tactics but open to suggestions.  

These are the 2 I'm considering:

http://www.ronintactics.com/store/p28/Warriors_Belt.html

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/gunfighter-belts/limited-time-offer-gunfighter-belt-kit/

Overall, I'm mostly concerned with Build Quality and how well they've held up.  I'd appreciate any first hand experiences.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about Ronin but all the Tyr stuff I have is top notch
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Ronin is awesome. Great quality. Give them a call, they should be able to answer questions for you. The owner of Ronin is a great guy, freaking American hero.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 99.45% sure the Ronin belt is made by AWS, as a lot of Tu's other gear is made by them. AWS is good to go in terms of build quality (even though their website is still stuck in 1994).
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies guys.  I went with the Ronin Belt but it was really a coin toss.  Reviews on both of them are very positive.  

Will report back when I receive it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Will you please post pics when you get it? I really want a Ronin!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 3:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad you went with Ronin Tactics belt.  I've listened to Tu Lam on the Global Recon podcast; his conversation between him and a MACV-SOG (Vietnam Green Beret SFC Michael G. Stahl) was one of the most interesting exchanges i've listened too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#7]

I've never held either belt.

Those in the know, are they thin enough to thread on a Safariland mid ride belt holster?  

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Ronin belt is on my list to get.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've worn the TYR gunfighter with cobra buckle full time for the past two years on so. The velcro where you thread the belt back on itself fell off a few weeks ago. Haven't contacted TYR about it.  My set up was a glock 22 in a Safariland on a mid ride UBL, Blackhawk gasmask pouch (with mask and spare filter) a pair of zip cuffs and 2 pistol mags. Carried the load well. It looks like the Ronin doesn't have any padding. I prefer the padding.

The UBL slides onto the belt  after removing the buckle plenty easy. Problem was the UBL slots are too tall for the belt so there's some play. Can be negeated by purchasing those slot fillers from somewhere like gcode or using zip ties.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Cool thanks for the info.  I suppose the UBL is made for 2.25" duty belts.  The Safariland belt filler looks kind of hokey but works ok.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool thanks for the info.  I suppose the UBL is made for 2.25" duty belts.  The Safariland belt filler looks kind of hokey but works ok.  

View Quote

They also make the UBL to fit 2" belts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will you please post pics when you get it? I really want a Ronin!
View Quote

Absolutely.  I haven't received any tracking yet but I'll bump this thread as soon as I get it with pics.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Ronin Senshi.  Working great for me. I'm sure you will be happy with yours.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally got it.  It seems really well made.  Going to put some pouches on it tonight when I get home from work and I'll take better pics.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Waiting on some Grey Tacos I ordered.  I really like this belt and Comp-Tac Holster.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks solid!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Better pics with the leg rig.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Very nice! How was it with the mag pouches directly on the belt? I'm sure they were a little higher than preferable, but I'm going for a lower profile setup.

It looks really solid...I might be breaking out the credit card soon

ETA: Sorry for all the questions... is the inner belt hook or loop? My old duty belt had a hook inner belt and it was awful to wear without the outer belt because it stuck to everything.

Lastly, what size did you get vs your pants size?

I promise that's my last question. Thanks for all the info!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Very nice! How was it with the mag pouches directly on the belt? I'm sure they were a little higher than preferable, but I'm going for a lower profile setup.

ETA: Sorry for all the questions... is the inner belt hook or loop? My old duty belt had a hook inner belt and it was awful to wear without the outer belt because it stuck to everything.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The pouches were a little tough to mount to the belt.  I blame that on the pouches though.  I'm currently using very cheap pouches and I feel like they didn't line up because of the pouches and not the belt itself.  I have some Tacos coming but in the meantime I'll mount a few high quality pouches and report back.  I'm sure it is going to be a little tight though. I did intentionally mount them higher than I would on a standard Molle belt and it seemed to work really well.  When I removed and replaced mags in the holster, they went in smooth and didn't buckle.  

It is hook and loop.  It doesn't seem to be picking up an debris so far but I've only been wearing it for a few days.  

As for the sizing, they were pretty much right on the money.  I was tempted to order a size bigger but I ordered my regular size and it fits perfectly.

Quoted:
Looks great. Same question above, any issues mounting molle directly to the belt?

They are definitely a little tight but they fit well.  The low quality pouches I'm using caused the webbing on the pouch to bunch up just a little but all the pouches I tried, went on fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you feel that the outer belt is significantly stiff enough to support the holster and pouches without sagging or rolling?

Trying to decide between the Warrior and the senshi, since the senshi is advertised as being as stiffer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I would add one word of advice, take it or leave it. Leg rig subloads suck in my experience, especially if you're doing a lot of moving. I would move the mag pouches up on your belt, unless you're a big fan of subloads for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you feel that the outer belt is significantly stiff enough to support the holster and pouches without sagging or rolling?

Try to decide between the Warrior and the senshi, since the senshi is advertised as being as stiffer.
View Quote

I don't have a ton of experience with these kinds of belts but its really stiff.  If you take the inner belt out an hold it by the buckle, it keeps it's shape perfectly and doesn't bend when you apply pressure on the top and bottom.  I feel like it holds up my gear nicely.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#24]
How thick is the outer belt with the PALS loops?  Best I can guess from pictures is about 3/8" ?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would add one word of advice, take it or leave it. Leg rig subloads suck in my experience, especially if you're doing a lot of moving. I would move the mag pouches up on your belt, unless you're a big fan of subloads for some reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I realize the disadvantages of leg rigs but I wanted to try this one by HSGI.  It rides super high and is easily detachable.  I'm going to keep the belt and leg platform separate in my trunk.  Depending on the situation I can either take both or just the belt. I also wanted to try something that allowed me to leave my shirt untucked.  

Quoted:
How thick is the outer belt with the PALS loops?  Best I can guess from pictures is about 3/8" ?

Which direction are you asking?  From the bottom to the top or from the inside out?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Definitely need to buy one now. Lol.

I am curious how their plate carrier is
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Is the inner Velcro belt 2 inches?  I would need to buy all new pants to make it fit if so.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Which direction are you asking?  From the bottom to the top or from the inside out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From inside out

Quoted:
Is the inner Velcro belt 2 inches?  I would need to buy all new pants to make it fit if so.

Yes, the inner is 2"
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

From inside out

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From inside out

Ok, I'll measure tonight when I get home.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#30]
whoa whoa whoa!!  When did this shit come out?  Does this style of belt ride up when you squat down or go prone?  I have an HSGI wide battle belt from three or four years ago that is terrible about riding up.  Can I put my tacos, pouches, and gcode holster with rti system on it?  This looks like it might solve my problems with the wide battle belts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow, these are sharp.  I certainly need a 3rd or 4th load out belt!   Just ordered the Shooter version; i couldn't see any difference between the two other than the buckle, it seems to be the same otherwise.   Hopefully it doesn't take too long.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From inside out

I don't have good measuring device or a digital caliper or anything but from what I could tell is a little over a half of a centimeter.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
whoa whoa whoa!!  When did this shit come out?  Does this style of belt ride up when you squat down or go prone?  I have an HSGI wide battle belt from three or four years ago that is terrible about riding up.  Can I put my tacos, pouches, and gcode holster with rti system on it?  This looks like it might solve my problems with the wide battle belts.
View Quote

Definitely no riding up whatsoever.  The velcro is very strong.  I went shooting today and didn't do any crazy movements but my other battle belts would have rode up.  

I just ordered a GCode holster so I can report back when I get it.  It's 2 inches, so if the clips are long enough it should fit fine.  Tacos definitely work though.  

Here is a 360 degree video I shot with it on.  

360 Youtube Video
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just got the Ronin Task Force belt and I love it.  I use a G-Code RTI DUTY Mount Kydex Belt-Slide, HSGI tacos, and a dump pouch on mine.  Works perfectly.  Blade Tech tech lok also works great.  No doubt this is one expensive belt, but is it a really well made piece of kit.  Used mine in a 3-gun competition last week and it worked wonderfully.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top