Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:11:35 PM EDT
If I run large plates in a medium carrier say a mayflower mbav will that work or will there be no room?
I know the pockets run a bit big but large is a bit big, xl I swim so this has gotta be it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on carrier. Carriers based on SAPI specs fit only that size plate. Since 10x12 plates have no standard, the carriers have to be generic cut, one size fits most.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The base of the MBAV is an APC, and for plates you need a S/M for sapi small, medium, and 10x12.  The L/XL APC fits L and XL plates.  I have a L/XL APC and it is a pretty tight fit on a set of level 4 large sapi cut.  My guess would be they wouldn't fit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on carrier. Carriers based on SAPI specs fit only that size plate. Since 10x12 plates have no standard, the carriers have to be generic cut, one size fits most.
View Quote

Hate to break it to OP, but he's right.  If it's designed to accept plates and soft support panels, there is a little more room.  A SAPI carrier is a pretty safe bet as most of those will size up/down... a generic 10x12 isn't ideal, and a proprietary system or weird swimmer cut shapes are, well... proprietary.

Something else to consider is the method of retention.  If it's not a cheap (and unreliable) velcro folded-seam closure, it will have internal retention as well.  
Is the plate held in place with an adjustable velcro-nylon strap, is it held in place with just a simple velcro seam closure, is there a size-specific elastic strip that hold it in place?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top