Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 11:48:55 AM EDT
I have been able to find the Black gel ear seals everywhere. Does anyone know if they make them in Green and where to find them?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 sets, and have only ever seen them in black. Sorry about your luck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
best upgrade you can get for the peltors, and they only list them in black in the 2015 catalog I have.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The only green ones I've seen were on some old as dirt comtac's, and they needed to be replaced badly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
best upgrade you can get for the peltors, and they only list them in black in the 2015 catalog I have.
View Quote

Until they pop and leak gel all over your face.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont wear earings....

Mine are almost two years old, no problems yet. But I also take care of my equipment, when I dont have them on my head, they are in my bag, or on a belt hook...

I'm a firearms instructor, so they get worn for 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week for two weeks every month. Plus any tac ops during the other two weeks a month that come up.

Thats probably more than most people on here will wear them in 6 years.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dont wear earings....

Mine are almost two years old, no problems yet. But I also take care of my equipment, when I dont have them on my head, they are in my bag, or on a belt hook...

I'm a firearms instructor, so they get worn for 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week for two weeks every month. Plus any tac ops during the other two weeks a month that come up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont wear earings....

Awesome.

I wear them on combat operations daily and have popped 3-4 gel seals since we started getting those a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Awesome.

I wear them on combat operations daily and have popped 3-4 gel seals since we started getting those a couple years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont wear earings....

Awesome.

LOL I couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont wear earings....

Awesome.

OP's name makes this even better. Lulz
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw some OD Green Brit Forces replacements on ebay but can't for the life of me find them again, it was definitely a UK seller and they were under $20.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont wear earings....

Awesome.

Hmm, I also spent 7 months in Iraq on a State Department contract. I'm not military, not claiming its the same, not by a long shot... But spent most of that time in the same area, same heat, same sand. But those were issued by the DOS and not the DOD so maybe they bought better ones than the military...

Try not smacking your head against things, its not just the ear seals that get damaged...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#11]
So not .mil, never used shit in combat, and gonna give advice on how not to break things in combat?

Jlawyeahokay.gif
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I just said I wasn't military, didnt pretend to be or even compare my time on the ground to anything like military, but I didnt say i never saw combat, you said that. I've been fired on and returned fire, in the same AO, against the same enemy, but I wasnt wearing a branch tab on my chest means I must not know shit, right?

Funny thing is, 90% of the vets I meet that "did a tour in the sand box" never left the base they arrived at, never fired a shot at a single person anywhere (foreign or domestic) but because they have a .mil-email they "have been in the shit"?? Please...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
But its all good, I still respect you guys for being in the military, whether you're navy seals, or just a cook, you served and I respect that. But just keep in mind, for the last decade there was as many civilian contractors in the middle east as there was military, and plenty of life lost on both sides fighting the same enemy...

To the OP, buy the gel seals (never seen the replacements in green) unless you will be doing daily combat ops, in that case, find something else.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just said I wasn't military, didnt pretend to be or even compare my time on the ground to anything like military, but I didnt say i never saw combat, you said that. I've been fired on and returned fire, in the same AO, against the same enemy, but I wasnt wearing a branch tab on my chest means I must not know shit, right?

Funny thing is, 90% of the vets I meet that "did a tour in the sand box" never left the base they arrived at, never fired a shot at a single person anywhere (foreign or domestic) but because they have a .mil-email they "have been in the shit"?? Please...
View Quote

This is a tech forum.  So far ive seen three posts where you desperately try to convince anonymous entities just how awesome you are.  Save that nonsense for GD and group therapy.

BTW, nobody calls it "the sandbox" aside from posers and elderly support contractors.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

BTW, nobody calls it "the sandbox" aside from posers and elderly support contractors.
View Quote

Hence the "quotes" around my statement, but it seems reading comprehension isn't your strong suit...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

News flash--just because someone didn't fire their weapon or leave the base doesn't mean they weren't in some bad situations. It also doesn't mean they don't know anything about their gear.

VBIED attacks against "bases" were common in my AO. Quite a few guys lost thier lives as a result. IEDs also took out numerous vehicles. And let's not forget the VBIED that rammed into and detonated on one of our gun trucks. Or the countless attacks on bases like the one at Leatherneck which resulted in two jets being destroyed.

On topic: I cannot find what you're looking for (unless you're happy with foam instead of gel). I'd just call the company.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hence the "quotes" around my statement, but it seems reading comprehension isn't your strong suit...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those symbols around your statement are actually called "quotation marks", if you really want to get into grammar, punctuation, and syntax.  The contents of those parenthesis would be considered a "quote", of which yours does not denote anything remotely close to what you claimed as your context and meaning in your follow-up post....along the same line of how if you have to explain a joke it isn't funny.

But what do I know, i'm not a grizzled and salty state department veteran like you.  I'm just some dude wearing peltors in combat right now.

The CENTCOM State Department missions are where my field sends our non-performers.  From this thread I imagine that's the stance your field takes as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

True, I did say that based on an assumption. I apologize for that.

But the fact remains, that the life of the average grunt is a lot harder than a contractor, and we are a lot harder on gear. Thus the reason why the dude who has spent more time in a tax free status than not during his career, has broken things you couldn't imagine breaking.

I'm just a medic that does pogue deployments, not claiming otherwise, but it's still a world of difference from cosplay contractors.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Those symbols around your statement are actually called "quotation marks", if you really want to get into grammar, punctuation, and syntax.  The contents of those parenthesis would be considered a "quote", of which yours does not denote anything remotely close to what you claimed as your context and meaning in your follow-up post.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those symbols around your statement are actually called "quotation marks", if you really want to get into grammar, punctuation, and syntax.  The contents of those parenthesis would be considered a "quote", of which yours does not denote anything remotely close to what you claimed as your context and meaning in your follow-up post.....

You only corrected half your post, you still need to change parenthesis to quotes in your second line, I even gave you a few hours to fix it....

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#22]
My bad Joker, and a public apology to the OP for highjacking his thread.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have been able to find the Black gel ear seals everywhere. Does anyone know if they make them in Green and where to find them?
View Quote

Part Number: HY68 Peltor Hygiene Kit

http://www.opticsplanet.com/peltor-ear-muff-hygiene-kit-hy68.html
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe those are gel.  It looks like they are just replacement seals for the Peltor Soundtraps.  If they are, they're foam.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are the regular foam rings, the gel seals  are here

gel seals

The seals fit all the different models in the peltor line.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Will the Peltor Comtac green seals fit a Sordin/TCI Liberator II headset?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Sordin has their own gel cups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top