Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 6:57:22 PM EDT
Is it some kind of weird nostalgia? I love 20" a2s, m9s, and plain ol' kabars too

As issued

6 mile trail run with level lv ceramic plates last month

Hike this spring

Now I have a banshee with hsgi shoulder pads and I converted  thebuckles as per the thread here and a lowpro slick plate carrier which I like ok but just like the interceptor better. It holds the heat more but its not that bad, beyond my time in the infantry wearing it a lot, I wear it on at least 4, 6 mile trail runs a month year round including all summer long. I did several in 90 degrees this summer.

I kinda like having lots of soft armor protection and I really prefer the split front design.

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That this would have better fit in Hunk of the Day!
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like someone creatine binges

Seems like with the advance of tech and designs, the IOTV is kinda outdated...in terms of bulk and execution. if I were looking at picking up an armor carrier today, seems like a RBAV would be a better option...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
they are easy to  put on and take off
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I like them because I have bought 3 for under 200 complete with plates.  Oh, and maybe because I was stuck with one for 6 years.  It was coyote,  but every pouch I got issued was woodland tricolor, good ol' Corps logic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:31:09 AM EDT
[#5]
They are nice when doing foot patrols to sweep ambush sites....  in flak and boonies, in Iraq pre-ppe nightmare.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Im surprised no ones jumped down my throat saying  howhorrible they are. Thats why I posted pics, to show I have a little experience with them.

I do understand the benefits of more modern carriers. Ill wear my lo pro bcs carrier concealed for craigslist sales. They are also a little easier to shoot in

Ive been pretty consistent with my creatine intake for the last 15 years actually. My bf% and weight has fluctuated due to my focus, running or powerlifting. I was 230 and wearing a wooley pulley in the top pic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like them because I have bought 3 for under 200 complete with plates.  Oh, and maybe because I was stuck with one for 6 years.  It was coyote,  but every pouch I got issued was woodland tricolor, good ol' Corps logic.
View Quote

Im trying to remember but my unit was such a mishmash of cammy colors. Some guys didnt have desert digis so they wore 3 color deserts, with coyote flaks, with woodland pouches, and a digi helmet cover. After a couple months in Fallujah everyone looked the same.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#8]
To each his own man. I wore the Interceptor for 2 years and I didn't think it was that bad. Then l got to Korea, got issued a Diamondback PC and realized what I'd been missing. I will never voluntarily put on an OTV again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I could have happily gone through the rest of my life without seeing the outline of that dudes balls.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, I could have happily gone through the rest of my life without seeing the outline of that dudes balls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heaven forbid you ever found your way onto a Marine base during morning pt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#11]
the joys of green silkys
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay away from River Road. Silkies for days.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top