Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 9:03:15 AM EDT
Here is the link
Camo Form link

I'm curious how well it sticks/holds. I'm considering buying a roll to use on a few things. I'm mostly interested in wanting to know how well it would hold up if I wrapped the grip of my Glock? I'm not really a fan of the skate board type of stick on stuff and wondered if this might work. It would also help my side arm not stand out as much compared to the rest of my gear.

It would be nice if I could find some camo weight lifters tape...whatever it's called lol. The kind of tape some people wrap around the grip areas of weight bars. Anybody know if they make anything like that? I'll search google myself for it but if anybody has any recommendations please share.

Thanks guys

ETA- oh yeah
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
When you say weight lifter's tape, do you mean athletic tape?

camo athletic tape
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Self adhearing fabric sounds like Coban. I don't think it has any actual glue on it, but instead sticks to itself.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The stuff just sticks to itselef, there is no glue.  The stuff I had was reusable and washable.

I have tried using it on a few things, and sometimes its ok.  But I usually decide it sucks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I used that a dog tag silencers.  After a few months between my t-shirt and skin the tackyness of it wears off with the hear and moisture.  

I decided to use it to wrap the buffer tube of a cheap AR pistol I put together.  

That being said, if you are OCing or this is just a Glock you keep on your battle belt I don't see the point.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Self adhearing fabric sounds like Coban. I don't think it has any actual glue on it, but instead sticks to itself.
View Quote

This.  It's just like the self-adhering bandage wrap material, it's somewhat stretchable and sticks to itself.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]
i use it on my pistol grip and forward grip of my ar15. and any knife that doesn't have much grip on it when wet
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The feed supply stores have this stuff in many colors for much cheaper than coban.  I've never seen camo though.

Quoted:

This.  It's just like the self-adhering bandage wrap material, it's somewhat stretchable and sticks to itself.

http://www.berktree.com/assets/images/default/cardinal-health-3m-coban-self-adherent-wrap-elastic-4-x-5yds-sterile-box-of-18-model-m1584s.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.berktree.com/assets/images/default/cardinal-health-3m-coban-self-adherent-wrap-elastic-4-x-5yds-sterile-box-of-18-model-m1584s.jpg

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing it is much like this also. Not sure if that will work.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When you say weight lifter's tape, do you mean athletic tape?

camo athletic tape
View Quote

Your link seems to be broken. I'll google search for camo athletic tape on google. Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard vet tape, similar to coban, get recommendations
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a roll of the McNett tape in Multicam. Works well and was only a few bucks off of Amazon. I have a pair of binoculars and a folding stock wrapped in it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here is the link
Camo Form link

I'm curious how well it sticks/holds. I'm considering buying a roll to use on a few things. I'm mostly interested in wanting to know how well it would hold up if I wrapped the grip of my Glock? I'm not really a fan of the skate board type of stick on stuff and wondered if this might work. It would also help my side arm not stand out as much compared to the rest of my gear.

It would be nice if I could find some camo weight lifters tape...whatever it's called lol. The kind of tape some people wrap around the grip areas of weight bars. Anybody know if they make anything like that? I'll search google myself for it but if anybody has any recommendations please share.

Thanks guys

ETA- oh yeah
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/539/N9QN57.jpg
View Quote

That is called athletic tape.  Go to Academy or somewhere and they will have it, even walmart does in the pharmacy but white might be your only color choice.  It isn't so great once it gets wet, and I doubt it would hold up well over time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I sometime use their snow camo tape. Seems to stick well for the first application at least.

Not something I would put on a carry pistol everyday through.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/02/pro-tapes-multicam-cloth-concealment-tape/
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:44:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks great! The link to buy this leads to Tacticaldistributers. They want $7.99 to ship it's overnight shipping...but I don't want to pay as much in shipping as the item costs.
It also looks like they are the only place selling it currently. Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:58:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I've used it.

It's especially good for wire management on handguards, IMHO, as well as giving a grippy surface to rails without covering them in fat rail covers, etc., and you can wrap it in a small area so you're not trapping too much heat.  

I don't see why it wouldn't work on your Glock grip so long as you didn't consider it permanent, but it's not really supposed to be.  

It's fairly cheap, and won't leave any adhesive residue, and in a pinch, if it gets to torn up, you can easily pull it off and be done with it.  

(not me)

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Looks great! The link to buy this leads to Tacticaldistributers. They want $7.99 to ship it's overnight shipping...but I don't want to pay as much in shipping as the item costs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Settle down. TD has free shipping for the Labor Day weekend. I just ordered $30 in gear and got free shipping plus a 15% discount.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Settle down. TD has free shipping for the Labor Day weekend. I just ordered $30 in gear and got free shipping plus a 15% discount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT! brb looks for bank card gracias amigo

Ordered. Should have it soon. I'll post an update once I get it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Interested in their kryptek highlander tape now.

Anyone have pics?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I used to have my entire rifle that's in my avatar wrapped in it and I loved the stuff but after a year or so it did become sticky to the touch.  Not horrible but enough to do away with it on that rifle.  Ended up putting a new wrap (same stuff) on my pistol grip on my AR and it made a world of difference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Interested in their kryptek highlander tape now.

Anyone have pics?
View Quote

I believe that is more of a regular duck tape. I might be wrong tho. Make sure you order the concealment tape. There are 2 different kinda of tape I'm seeing from that company. Both MC and Kryptek.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine should be here today! I'll post pics and stuff later this evening.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mine should be here today! I'll post pics and stuff later this evening.
View Quote

The MK18 cloners seem to love the stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I wrapped my entire .17 HMR.
I can tell you that it gets incredibly sticky when left out in the sun for a while.
If you can handle that, you'll like it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Update.- product delivered. Pics posted.

Wrapped grips on G19 and G43. G43 is my all day everyday so that will be the test. We will see how it holds up or if it gets to sticky or anything. I really like it so far. Once wrapped I pressed it in really hard and notice it almost forms to the Glock factory plastic grip pattern really well. I wrapped my 43 grip thicker. About 2-3 layers. I really like how it made it a little thicker. Feels like it fills the hand much better.

If it lasts I'll keep it. As long as I'm not having to re wrap it all the damn time and keep rolls of this tape stocked then I'll be extremely happy.

ETA- just to clarify. This tape is almost exactly like athletic tape or weight lifting tape that guys wrap weight bars with. Should work perfect for what I want.  
Pics. And also my wrapping job could be improved to look better but F it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top