BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2015 6:17:05 PM EDT
Shopping for a new lid and found this. $400 with a promo code for a
ballistic helmet? Sounds nice. However, I noticed this tidbit:
NOTE: These are not stock items. Each
helmet is custom fabricated, and due to Kevlar Resin curing times the
complete fabrication and delivery process ranges from 10 to 15 days.
So where the hell are these helmets manufactured?

https://secure.cpgroup-inc.com/product/cpg4800t/#.VdzNMfSQnDc
I'm not affiliated with this company in any way.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd probably just spend the extra cash and not get a knock off ops core.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Sold my Airframe a few months back. Already had an Ops Core Jump as well. I just want something to mount my NVG's to that's ballistic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd just get a rabintex from TNVC....
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one several months back. These are basically Ops Core knock off's I'm not 100% sure where the kevlar shells are made. I got my first e mail as the helmet was coming out of production and then get regular status updates until delivery. So I knew the hardware would be Chicom rip offs of Ops Core but for the price I wanted to give this helmet a try.

The NV shroud, rails and Ops Core like Dial all seem good quality. Velcro was attached well and chin straps all seem good quality despite not being the real deal. The pads were noticeably lower quality however I had some extra real ops core pads around and just simply replaced then with my extras. The Helmet is heavier than an Ops Core and is barely lighter than my issue ACH. It fits well and overall feels comfortable, but it's not an Ops Core.
It very much looks like an Ops Core but that's where it ends. Overall I would recommend you look at a Rabintex high cut or ACH 2001. You can go to Own the Night and custom order a helmet, get the shell, Ops Core accessories as desired and custom build a great helmet for just a little more.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sold my Airframe a few months back. Already had an Ops Core Jump as well. I just want something to mount my NVG's to that's ballistic.
View Quote

Man are you nuts. You go from an Airfame to something like this. Brother your supposed to trade up not down. Why did you sell your Airframe? I'd give my left nut for a Crye Airframe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Man are you nuts. You go from an Airfame to something like this. Brother your supposed to trade up not down. Why did you sell your Airframe? I'd give my left nut for a Crye Airframe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Traded the AIrframe and a few hundred bucks for a brand new SCAR 17. I would've been nuts not to do it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy once cry once. You will end up with a real ops core in the end and will have a hell of a time trying to sell that air soft rip off
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad I'm getting some feedback. I went ahead and cancelled my order. Gonna go ahead and get the real deal for a few bucks more.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:54:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have nothing productive to post other then I still like/use the ACH
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#12]
It was definitely worth it to bite the bullet and get the real deal. Waiting for peltor and nvg mounts to come in then I'm done.

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd just get a rabintex from TNVC....
View Quote

I bought a Rabintex, covers didnt fit because its thicker than a normal 2001 and the medium was like an extra small.  Nothing on the TNVC helmet builder app was in stock and they dont tell you that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm issued an ACH but wear a Team Wendy. Honestly, if it wasn't for the rail mounted Peltors, I still like the ACH. As long as you upgrade the pads and chinstrap, it's really not a bad helmet, especially when you compare it to the PASGT we used to be issued. But I use Peltors, so I like the rail mounted comms vs jamming them under my helmet. Additionally, the NIJ IIIa rating of the Team Wendy appeals to me, because as someone else noted, pistols are a greater threat in the US than frag.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm issued an ACH but wear a Team Wendy. Honestly, if it wasn't for the rail mounted Peltors, I still like the ACH. As long as you upgrade the pads and chinstrap, it's really not a bad helmet, especially when you compare it to the PASGT we used to be issued. But I use Peltors, so I like the rail mounted comms vs jamming them under my helmet. Additionally, the NIJ IIIa rating of the Team Wendy appeals to me, because as someone else noted, pistols are a greater threat in the US than frag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  I have two issued ACH's, an ECH, and a TC2001.  The 2001 is probably the oldest of them but I wear peltors so thats what I go with.

Honestly after the shit I went through with TNVC when buying my own rabintex ill probably never buy anything from them again. I sold the rabintex at a loss and washed my hands of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top