Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2015 9:46:31 PM EDT
For those of you that don't know what MAS grey is, and why it was designed..

MAS (Maritime Assault Suit) Grey was introduced by London Bridge Trading as a color variant that would provide optimum environmental blending for Navy SEALs to wear while conducting VBSS (vessel boarding search and seizure) and maritime operations. The color gray has a history of working well to prevent identification, and works well within most environments due to its lack of contrast across the color spectrum. Given the obvious benefits of the color, and this shade in particular, Navy SEALs began utilizing MAS Grey for nighttime operations in addition to maritime operations. Originally developed for SEAL Team 6/DEVGRU, very few MAS Grey items were ever issued to Naval Special Warfare operators.
View Quote
LBT stopped producing MAS a few years ago and recently began their section called "Doug's Trench" which I suppose is going to be a section of Rare/ Throwback/ Limited Run color and camouflage patterns. Pretty cool if you ask me...

After seeing MAS, I decided it was a great choice for my environment, as it blends well with nearly everything around. I know it is not multicam, and doesn't necessarily blend as well as MC. With that said, I will be wearing this in an urban environment. I also chose the color because I like it.. end of story.

What this thread is designed to do is give you a few photos concerning the current production color MAS Grey by LBT, as well as answer a few sizing questions regarding the 6094a vs the 6094b. I will not be doing a review because there are dozens of reviews on the 6094 out there, and ALL of speak highly of this rig.

Upon receiving the plate carrier I initially thought there was a mistake, and I was shipped Ranger Green by mistake. This vest was a lot warmer in color than I anticipated. I grabbed a hat I had thats ranger green (one of the many variations) and it quickly quelled my concern.

I chose a few common items to compare the MAS grey with.

Next I took the PC outside and took a few shots.

This is the Appalachian region of Tennessee, and MAS surprisingly blended very well overall.

MAS has a gray tint, but green is still very prevalent, which is good, as I found wolf gray and UDE to be almost too cool. Outside is dirty, and even in the city, new pavement quickly browns and loses its blue-ish tint. Warm colors seem to be more natural.

I tried including many different backdrops, in an attempt to get the most accurate depiction of the color.

Here is a comparison of natural river stone, concrete, and dirt.

Some have said new MAS has went away from the greenish tint it used to be to become a darker, more smokey color. This is not true.

Against brick.

" />

Today was overcast and I thought MAS would perform best in this color range.

Now I will be wearing this in conjunction with a soft armor vest under the PC. I am 5"11" and about 190 lbs. This vest does fit perfectly with my soft armor underneath. If you are smaller than me, I would suggest trying on both a L and a M before buying, although I have heard the sizing only pertains to plate sizing. Note: there are currently no plates installed.

I can however, guarantee this vest is too large if you are a 5'8" , 125 lbs and female.  

I am very satisfied with both the color and craftsmanship of this vest.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I love MAS Grey. A lot more utilitarian than Wolf Grey-- remember that comprehensive article that Milspec Monkey wrote about the different greys? Seems like MAS Grey would be a solid answer in the quest to find the perfect "grey".
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love MAS Grey. A lot more utilitarian than Wolf Grey-- remember that comprehensive article that Milspec Monkey wrote about the different greys? Seems like MAS Grey would be a solid answer in the quest to find the perfect "grey".
View Quote

I didn't know milspec monkey did an article about it, you have a link?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't an article about MAS Grey in particular, but kind of running through all the various greys on the market and what he thinks would be the "ideal" shade, which he seems to believe Elephant Grey/Fauna is one of the ideal ones for urban use. MAS Grey looks like it's similar in terms of tones to Elephant Grey (without being as "blue" as Wolf Grey).

Part 1:
https://milspecmonkey.com/index.php/articles-page/63-articles/454-a-real-urban-grey

Part 2:
https://milspecmonkey.com/index.php/articles-page/63-articles/455-a-real-urban-grey-part-2
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome read. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's mine with a Tactical Tailor 3 day plus and HSP d3cr in ranger green.

I have a question about fit... How well does yours cover your back? With two medium lvl IV plates and IIIA backers in mine, I find that the rear rides a bit low, about 3" below the base of my neck.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a question about fit... How well does yours cover your back? With two medium lvl IV plates and IIIA backers in mine, I find that the rear rides a bit low, about 3" below the base of my neck.

http://i.imgur.com/Pohcavo.jpg
View Quote

I have tightened my shoulder straps to where my fat head sorta has to squeeze through. So it doesn't ride as low as you're saying. I'll also be wearing this rig OVER a lvl IIIa vest, so that ma have something to do with it.

ETA mine is also the B model, made to fit large esapis
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't get why this never gained more adoption.
View Quote

Me neither. It truly does adapt to different light. Much like ranger green.

Can't wait til lbt makes pouches in this color.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have tightened my shoulder straps to where my fat head sorta has to squeeze through. So it doesn't ride as low as you're saying. I'll also be wearing this rig OVER a lvl IIIa vest, so that ma have something to do with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should probably give that a go and tighten mine down further.

Mine is a medium, but fits large plates as well, so I had considered putting a large plate up front to redistribute the weight and bring the rear plate higher.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mine is a medium, but fits large plates as well, so I had considered putting a large plate up front to redistribute the weight and bring the rear plate higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah more mags is your answer lol.

The shoulder straps should fix your problem tho.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the report,

and tag

LOOKINUP
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:03:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an LBT-2595D assault pack and a couple pouches in MAS. I really like the color. works well with ranger green.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have an LBT-2595D assault pack and a couple pouches in MAS. I really like the color. works well with ranger green.
View Quote

What pouches do you have in MAS?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm a huge ranger green fan...MAS and RG are two of the best colors ever made.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6065C (m60 pouch) and a buckled NVG pouch but I don't rememver the number.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to come off that m60 pouch
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have that problem w/ my pig PC. Tried adjusting a bunch but couldn't get it to ride higher in the back.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Talk about Gray man..lol...I have a 3 day mas grey pack..blends in well for the urban
look...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Talk about Gray man..lol...I have a 3 day mas grey pack..blends in well for the urban
look...
View Quote

The beauty of maritime grey is it  blends well with nearly anything
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#20]
am I color blind? That looks brown
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
am I color blind? That looks brown
View Quote

No, that's how it really looks. It's not like other manufacturers' greys.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone make pants in MAS grey?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in the EE already actually
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Pm a link please
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting. You need to stop posting in this thread. You'll make me spend money I don't wanna spend
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Interesting. You need to stop posting in this thread. You'll make me spend money I don't wanna spend
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blame it on the color, not me!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Appreciate this thread, I am a MAS fan as well, although I don't have any yet. Would love it if this became a pic/action thread. More combo pics of MAS and Ranger Green would be great too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#29]
A little MAS grey plate carrier in action:

I agree, though, pics are pretty tough to come by.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Just gotta use the right wording. Not too hard to find.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A little MAS grey plate carrier in action:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/474x/47/64/c5/4764c5f02be9ca95be5c5f13d7c943bf.jpg

I agree, though, pics are pretty tough to come by.
View Quote

This is airsoft
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt he was referring to the grey jack in the last picture.
View All Quotes

Roger that, but that still isn't MAS grey. It's a sage color that is too light for MAS grey.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Well I suppose it is harder to find than I thought lol..

But on a side note Vans shoes did make a MAS grey pair of shoes....

They even paired with LBT to make them
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DEFCON-Mas-Grey.jpgWell I suppose it is harder to find than I thought lol..

But on a side note Vans shoes did make a MAS grey pair of shoes....

They even paired with LBT to make themhttp://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/DEFCON_LBT_SYNDICATE_SEAL-9.jpg
View Quote

I wish these were still around.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#39]
There's a few pairs on ebay right now.

Some MAS goodness here...
https://m.facebook.com/hashtag/masgrey?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.914597798582549
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Roger that, but that still isn't MAS grey. It's a sage color that is too light for MAS grey.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e190/turbineguy03/0763cbb8a366666038ca00d8fb9422be_zpshtgcwnpw.jpg
View All Quotes

It looks like a PCU level 5 jacket.  It probably didn't do well with the sparks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#41]
More pics...

Full load out sans rifle

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:31:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
More pics...

Full load out sans rifle

http://i.imgur.com/LOF5dev.jpg

View Quote

Tactical phone holster?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tactical phone holster?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More pics...

Full load out sans rifle

http://i.imgur.com/LOF5dev.jpg

Tactical phone holster?

Basketweave
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#44]
New pics of more MAS goodness I've found.. some are LBT promos of shoes

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Eta I'm pretty sure those are all MAS
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#46]
I have those shoes.....they're pretty sweet
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Why is it so hard to find them in 11
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:12:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Bluewater Defense makes MAS grey pants and combat shirts. I cant find any online store that carries those...just 200-300$ listings per piece on egay.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Ouch. Seems a little expensive, I wish more people would make MAS

ETA

More Pics

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top