BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2015 7:20:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Pick your favorite sports team or university, buy that hat, then wear it until it smells so bad your S/O threatens breakup/divorce. That's the hat you wear.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Doesn't really meet my criteria but ok..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pick your favorite sports team or university, buy that hat, then wear it until it smells so bad your S/O threatens breakup/divorce. That's the hat you wear.

Doesn't really meet my criteria but ok..

Which patches do you want to put on it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive always liked the HSGI hats and im currently rocking a black palm syndicate one which fits well.

People like viper too but after buying 4 of them trying and hoping for the fit to work for me i gave up
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This x100 don't be the guy walking around with patches on hat
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Tilley
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Get yourself a Carhartt hat.  They come in earth tones and you won't stick out like a sore thumb.  You are in MT there should be a Big R close to you.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got 2 of the hats made by Condor.  I don't wear patches on them, but they are comfortable hats.  I like wearing them shooting because there is no button on the top of the hat where the band of my ear muffs sit.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got 2 of the hats made by Condor.  I don't wear patches on them, but they are comfortable hats.  I like wearing them shooting because there is no button on the top of the hat where the band of my ear muffs sit.  
View Quote

I got a Condor hat and it's pretty good for the $7 I spent. I used a seam ripper and removed the velcro.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a flex fit, mesh back from MilspecMonkey that is absolutely awesome.  Mesh Flexfit, RAW in Loden  Been wearing it a couple of years now.  It is very comfortable, not super tight and brain-squishing like hats often are for my large, bald dome.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tilley
View Quote

I second this fine reccomendation.   Just took mine off to go to bed after wearing it all day camping and drinking beer around the campfire.   I'm the only one in camp without sunburn on my face too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Oakley. Mod 1 or Mod 0 depending on if you want cotton or mesh.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Woolrich Operator
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I love my Travis Haley hat.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tilley
View Quote

I just bought my second Tilley this morning. Great hats.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#18]
For me I hate the tactical goober Velcro hats. I like the "tactical" no Velcro hats because they have no bulb at the top. My favorite is Viper Headwear but they fallen off the face of the earth. I have an arcteryx hat that is pretty plain Jane. Still prefer Viper's 30's baseball cut
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I lost my Arcteryx BAC last summer and i need a new hat.

I like the way those look. I always thought it was a trucker cap though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I lost my Arcteryx BAC last summer and i need a new hat.

I like the way those look. I always thought it was a trucker cap though.

Nope they look way better in person. Colors are different to.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm at the point where I just buy a meshback trucker from WalMart for like... $8.  One hat will usually last a year before it gets put up.

They get churched up with autographs before they're retired though.  My latest autograph was from a waitress in a 1% biker bar.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm at the point where I just buy a meshback trucker from WalMart for like... $8.  One hat will usually last a year before it gets put up.

They get churched up with autographs before they're retired though.  My latest autograph was from a waitress in a 1% biker bar.
View Quote

My wife all but retired my favorite hat this past Christmas. I bought it about 5-7 years ago at the Ft. Campbell post museum. It has the 187th INF regimental crest on the front, a torii on the side, and 187th INF RGT on the left side of the bill, with RAKKASAN along the front of the bill. I love it and have been wearing it proudly for years. It has what I call character. It's stained, ripped, frayed, and worn to the point that it doesn't really stand up any more. The wife thinks it's out-lived its useful life, though, and looks like Hell. (Yeah, it looks like Hell, just like it should-that shows it's well loved. Amirite?) So, this past Christmas, she Googled Rakkasan hat, found one faintly similar for sale at the FTCKY museum, and ordered it as a gift. It's close, but not the same. And, given her apparent distaste for the condition of my old one, I feel as if I need to maintain this one in good condition, meaning I don't usually wear it if it's raining or if there's any chance it might get dirty and need to go through the washing machine. Some women just don't understand a man's attachment to his hat. Of course, she also hates the OD boonie hat I bought in Kosovo, with KFOR across the front, which I wear when I do yard work.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like a NotchGear would fit your needs
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My problem is that I not only need a Lg/XL size hat, but need a deep one, or else a lot of hats look like a beanie on me.

Any ideas?  Viper made one with a deep-ish dome--IIRC they called it a "medium crown", but I'm very reluctant to order from them.

Oh, and no nylon Prole strap at the back--I hate 'em.
View Quote

Arc'teryx
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:01:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My problem is that I not only need a Lg/XL size hat, but need a deep one, or else a lot of hats look like a beanie on me.

Any ideas?  Viper made one with a deep-ish dome--IIRC they called it a "medium crown", but I'm very reluctant to order from them.

Oh, and no nylon Prole strap at the back--I hate 'em.
View Quote

I wear a 7 5/8 and have trouble finding anything that fits well. Try these guys out-

http://www.bigheadcaps.com/bigsizeorxxxlhatsfrombigheadcaps
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe I want to be the guy rocking a tactical cheeseburger hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x100 don't be the guy walking around with patches on hat

Maybe I want to be the guy rocking a tactical cheeseburger hat.

I have discovered a life requirement.

Send distance and direction please.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#30]
RE Factor Blasting Cap

click me

Has Velcro everywhere you want. Flex fit. Well made.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Cool kids are rocking these

http://www.notchgear.com/product-p/nca-bo.htm

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#34]

I appreciate the concept, but damn, does that look douchetastic, and this is coming from someone who wear a ball cap and glasses- safety or sun- almost all day.

Arc'teryx's cap looks like it's going to be my next.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Buy something from LaRue and get a free hat.  i love them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I appreciate the concept, but damn, does that look douchetastic, and this is coming from someone who wear a ball cap and glasses- safety or sun- almost all day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol yeah they look goofy as fook. Arcteryx has a nice fit
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I just have a hard time fitting a damn hat that fits my head. Sometimes the S/M size hats are a tad too big.

Baseball cut hats are my only option.

I love the look of the rainier arms baseball cap, but I'm hesitant that the adjustable will bunch up trying to get it to fit.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#38]
HSGI
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just have a hard time fitting a damn hat that fits my head. Sometimes the S/M size hats are a tad too big.

I love the look of the rainier arms baseball cap, but I'm hesitant that the adjustable will bunch up trying to get it to fit.

View Quote

Im with you on that one. The arcteryx bac s/m is just a tad too big, but i wear it anyways. The larue hats which have always had complaints about being too small dont quite fit either.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I got a notchgear in Kryptek highlander as a gift.

Fits nice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Im with you on that one. The arcteryx bac s/m is just a tad too big, but i wear it anyways. The larue hats which have always had complaints about being too small dont quite fit either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha. Yeah, I ended up giving my Larue hats to my dad. Too big
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#42]
You guys just love to stand out from the crowd.

As one guy said, sports team, ect. Unless you are current mil, . Every inch of your wardrobe dosent have to be Travis H approved
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#43]
I wear a size 7 hat. Pretty much everything is too big. I got a SKD hat with the elastic in the back and shrunk it in the washer and drier. It fits like a glove and has retained its size. I also have a 215Gear Multicam hat that fits really well. Both have patch panels on the front, top, and rear.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Just scored a magpul trucker hat off amazon and it showed today. I have a small head but the hat isn't so tall like most others that style. Plus it's half mesh my head sweats like hell so a cooler hat for the summer was in order. Got grey and brown with the little skull thing on the front. More subtle than other options.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I have 2 Notch hats. Owner is a former Marine and has personally replied to my emails. I love the hats! They fit great and work as advertised if you wear sunglasses or eye protection with a hat.
My only complaint is that they to fit a tad bit loose but that's better than to tight.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
For me I hate the tactical goober Velcro hats. I like the "tactical" no Velcro hats because they have no bulb at the top. My favorite is Viper Headwear but they fallen off the face of the earth. I have an arcteryx hat that is pretty plain Jane. Still prefer Viper's 30's baseball cut
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I rip or cut the buttons off every hat I wear. I have lots of hats I have never worn. If I ever around to wearing them they will get the same treatment. Unless they are already sans buttons.

Quoted:

My wife all but retired my favorite hat this past Christmas. I bought it about 5-7 years ago at the Ft. Campbell post museum. It has the 187th INF regimental crest on the front, a torii on the side, and 187th INF RGT on the left side of the bill, with RAKKASAN along the front of the bill. I love it and have been wearing it proudly for years. It has what I call character. It's stained, ripped, frayed, and worn to the point that it doesn't really stand up any more. The wife thinks it's out-lived its useful life, though, and looks like Hell. (Yeah, it looks like Hell, just like it should-that shows it's well loved. Amirite?)...

I have a Larue hat that gets worn the most and I keep a couple cleaner hats in my truck. The Larue was originally UDE it is now a very light tan and dirt stained. It went through a phase at one point that made it look pinkish. It stinks even after a good wash. I may need to get a new one someday.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have 2 Notch hats. Owner is a former Marine and has personally replied to my emails. I love the hats! They fit great and work as advertised if you wear sunglasses or eye protection with a hat.
My only complaint is that they to fit a tad bit loose but that's better than to tight.
View Quote

Do you shoot any shotgun? I find myself pulling my hat up higher when shooting sporting clays or skeet since a decently curved bill blocks out the birds sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#48]
midway usa hats are cheap
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
RE Factor Blasting Cap

click me

Has Velcro everywhere you want. Flex fit. Well made.
View Quote

This. Love mine.
Just ordered another one a few weeks back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top