Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 6:42:44 PM EDT
I'm a small guy, 5'7" @ 160lbs and I bought a condor operator II PC but it is HUGE on me even with the straps tightened all the way. Do they make (budget) PCs that are sized to fit small/medium frames? I see that condor has the "light weight gunner" and "expo" but I would like to hear first hand if any of you have one that fits well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you found out that Condor Rigs do run rather large. A "TAG Banshee" is what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 5'7, 140lbs. Both the TAG/Shellback Tactical Banshee and Ares Armor Aspis will fit you right on. I have both and they fit identical. The ASPIS has more color choices though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I am 5'8" 145lbs and I am running a PIG plate carrier with a small Mayflower cummerbund and it is a perfect fit for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys I'm going to look into it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm 5'7, 140lbs. Both the TAG/Shellback Tactical Banshee and Ares Armor Aspis will fit you right on. I have both and they fit identical. The ASPIS has more color choices though.
View Quote

I'm liking the looks of the Ares Armor Aspis, how is it holding up? Is there anything you don't like about it? Does the Banshee feature anything that the Aspis does not  (besides color)?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Have a look at reviews by Milspec Monkey. He's also a pretty small guy and discusses the sizing issues this causes in his reviews.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I made a few minor modifications and was able to get it to fit and it fits like it should now. For the price I'm not complaint about having to "adjust" it so much. I think I'll hang on to this and if I wear it out I'll look at more expensive options
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Op, The Ares Armor is holding up top notch.  The stitching is just as good as the Banshee, They are almost identical man.. If you watch Ares Armor often online they put the Aspis on sale. I got mine for 145 shipped about 6 months ago.  I'm sure it will go on sale soon. Still, 175 is a great deal on it. The thing i like about the Ares armor over the banshee is the wicker mesh on the inside. It really makes a difference on hot days. Also, it seems a touch lighter loaded out. The only negative I can find is the shoulder straps need padding which is my i added their matching shoulder pad upgrade which also has wicker mesh. if is very comfortable with plates and soft armor backers. Glad to hear you modified the condor. When i had condor stuff the stitching just did not hold up and started to sag a lot. I should have invested right he first time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm a bit larger than you, but the Blue Force Gear PLATEMinus has plenty of adjustment and is as light as they come.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Banshee, or ive been LOVING the PIG BRIG.

Im 5'6'' 150, and the brig is possibly the most comfortable carrier ive found.

Granted, its not made to be a full blown teotwawki everything-but-the-sink setup. but it does what it does very well
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you found out that Condor Rigs do run rather large. A "TAG Banshee" is what you're looking for.
View Quote

I don't know about that... I'm a 6'1" guy at around 180lb. I have to tighten up the TAG Banshee almost all the way down, WITH PLATES IN.

Without plates, it doesn't even fit me. Top heavy chest size and 33" waist.

ETA: Wearing nothing but a T-shirt. A uniform shirt will add a little, jackets can add a lot, etc.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 4 different carriers with different plates in each. LBT Slick plate carrier with ceramics, size med. Ares as mentioned in Lg with poly plates. Eagle Ind. USMC scaleable carrier with soft armor and ceramic mil spec plates in med. And lastly an LBT/LBX in med with light weight poly plates.  All are "kind of" close and fit great once I adjusted them for me (6'1" tall, 225lbs, eats well) the only Condor I have are rifle bags. Condor stuff will last for alittle while, but in the end, if you train/use your kit, you will be spending later on better. I look at it like I'm buying an M/C helmet- how much are you worth??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top