Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 1:54:02 PM EDT
Hey guys!,.. I've been kicking around the idea of putting together a grab-n-go type set up which would be based around a Cross Draw Vest,... I've done about as much research as I can and I'm still not sure,... Looks like the Blackhawk one keeps rising to the top in terms of quality (and price..) ... and it looks like Rothco and Condor also put a similar product (??) ... there was also a review of a Tac Force one, but I can't seem to find much more info on that one,...

So if anybody has any experience with one or more of these units and would be willing to share their thoughts on them, that would be greatly appreciated :)

My thought behind this is be able to grab my AR and Vest and be ready to go....

Thanks
Rick
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Skip it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skip it.
View Quote

Yea, crossdraw isn't really a recommended configuration...except in cowboy action.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok.. so what's a good set up for a Grab n Go set up?.... Sorry if this has been covered previously, ..I did search before posting but nothing showed up..

Thanks!
Rick
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out the war belt thread.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_10/285299_War_Belt_1st_Line_Picture_Thread.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy Smokes!,... Looks like everyone's on the "Belt" band wagon.... Just out of curiosity, would someone give some of the basic reasons for that type of set up over a vest type?

thx!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
What are you going to be carrying in it? What are your requirements? I'm assuming low visibility isn't a factor for you if you're considering a crossdraw vest.

My primary set up for a long time was a ranger green Tactical Tailor Mini-MAV with a triple M4 pouch and built in pistol mag pouches, but that didn't allow for much trauma gear, though was light and low profile.

Quoted:
Holy Smokes!,... Looks like everyone's on the "Belt" band wagon.... Just out of curiosity, would someone give some of the basic reasons for that type of set up over a vest type?

thx!
View Quote

Because all the weight is on your hips instead of your shoulders. Troopers have used the belt and suspenders system for decades before the Rhodesian Bush Wars gave rise to chest harnesses. Also, the right belt and suspenders can be paired with a plate carrier or chest rig for a leveled, modular system.

http://www.maxvelocitytactical.com/2014/08/gear-options-new-battle-belt-plate-carriers-tactical-assault-panel-tap/
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
You should have your EDC on you at all time anyways.... PC should have extra ammo.

War-belts are OK if you have time to take off your EDC, then put on the war-belt. But for your purposes, I think cross draw works best. War belts is another step, if time is of the essence.

It's all personal preference, and experimentation what works best for you. At work my PC has to have the cross draw with serpa. ( I hate it)  Just feels weird pulling it out like that. Takes some practice.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I still have one of the Tac Force one laying around. It worked ok but I would go with a chest rig or plate carrier instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top