Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 2:09:52 AM EDT
What mag pouches does the Army issue for guys with a KAC SASS or M14 EBR?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
they're suppose to come with pouches (believe Eagle DMR pouches), but we didn't get them. We used the canteen GP pouches for M14 mags, wasn't the best solution but it kind of worked.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

8 mags is considered optimal/milspec for 7.62?  Way back when, the GI loadout was 4 mags, with one in the rifle.  Spare ammo was carried on 5-rd stripper clips in bandoliers.  Times have changed, I reckon.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
they're suppose to come with pouches (believe Eagle DMR pouches), but we didn't get them. We used the canteen GP pouches for M14 mags, wasn't the best solution but it kind of worked.

They come with CB eagle pouches. 2 double stacked mag pouches letting you hold 8 total mags.
I used HSGI Tacos.

SOS

8 mags is considered optimal/milspec for 7.62?  Way back when, the GI loadout was 4 mags, with one in the rifle.  Spare ammo was carried on 5-rd stripper clips in bandoliers.  Times have changed, I reckon.  

2nd pattern M56 pouches carried 3 M14 mags. So 6+1 was more common in Vietnam with the M14.

But yes, eagle pouches are whats supposed to be issued. SAW pouches work too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The SASS comes with some pouches and the SCAR comes with a chest rig.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:58:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They come with CB eagle pouches. 2 double stacked mag pouches letting you hold 8 total mags.
I used HSGI Tacos.

SOS

yep. The army realized that it's retarded to go get into a gunfight fight with 80 rounds, or without your mags loaded.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top