Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 11:59:46 AM EDT
Just wanted to ask a question...

Anybody ever tried the BH! Plate Carriers? If so, thoughts/comments. I know a little about other brands, but just looking for feedback on any of the BH! Ones.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just wanted to ask a question...

Anybody ever tried the BH! Plate Carriers? If so, thoughts/comments. I know a little about other brands, but just looking for feedback on any of the BH! Ones.

Thanks in advance
View Quote

Yah...Generally most BH nylon is Asian sweatshop produced, using someone else's "borrowed" design and priced too high. Those are my opinions.

I've purged myself of nearly all BH items through wear and tear or finding better mouse trap but still have a serviceable holster that went to Iraq almost a decade ago.  BH was the shit in the mid-90's, decent for 2002, but if you can buy it at Walmart today, is that top of the line ?

The quality is usually the low end of solid but serviceable - marginally better than Condor and 5.11 but not a TAG, TT, TYR, or SKD product.  Noting that I don't use much of their stuff anymore, 5+ years ago stitching was adequate and mostly quality materials. I don't have enough experience to speak much of their most recent stuff...Nobody serious I know buys BH any longer. The quality/price curve is out of whack to the market.

If you are looking for X and U.S.-built isn't a requirement, than check out Grey Ghost Gear, as they're higher quality items at the similar prices. If you see features on BH item you like, look for a more reputable producer, likely the folks that BH ripped the concept or entire design from.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had some blackhawk pouches recently (because they were in stock and the HSGI weren't...) and they're still okay. Not awesome but okay.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm running a BH vest and so far so good. I haven't really put it through its paces but it's got some miles on it. No issues yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top