Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 11:08:09 PM EDT

I live out in the country sometimes there's Coyotes or raccoons passing through I have like a minute to grab my rifle and throw on a pair of boots and go racing after it. I Need boots that I can slide on like slippers and go but they have to have support for walking down into ravines and walks for up to a mile or so

My old solution was my old timberlands with no laces and that sucked
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Blundstone BL 490
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I use muck boots for the scenario you describe. I am looking to get a summer weight pair this year.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#4]
lace in boot zippers will probably be your best bet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Solomans!?

SOS
View Quote

+1
Salomons

They indeed slip on like slippers if the laces are loose and the quick cinch laces are bomb. 3D GTX is my go to.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Foundryman boots is what we used on the submarine.  Look like military issue boondockers, but slip on.

Ray
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This was what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a pair of "tanker" boots when I was a youngin they sucked does anyone make a good pair of zipups
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had a pair of "tanker" boots when I was a youngin they sucked does anyone make a good pair of zipups
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tanker boots are completely different.  What I'm talking about is a zipper that you lace in and use in place of your standard laces.  Google it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:46:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a pair of the Salomon Mid GTX and they are quick lace and extremely comfortable.

http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/salomon-xa-pro-mid-gtx-blackout
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Any 6 inch hiker should do it. Tie a not in the end of the laces or get something like the Salomon cord lock system, so that you can tighten them as you go. I had a set of Lowa Zephyr desert mids that I thought where the best thing since sliced bread, but if you are 't worried about  pretending. Hem side f a uniform regulation there are better options at that price.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Those look like there gonna be the ticket any particular brand? They don't become unzipped by accident ever?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Jump Boots with side zipper are what you want. Excellent ankle support, very durable, and good looking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#16]
There is an insert called "Tac Laces" that make putting boots on a lot quicker.  I have a pair on my wellco boots and they have worked pretty well, but I haven't done any really hard work in them.  I was concerned the velcro would come loose easily but it seems to stay well.  Might be worth a try if you already have some boots you like.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Xtratuf's.  I've hunted all over southeast Alaska in them and I think for what you describe they'd do great.
http://www.xtratufboots.com/
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#18]
5.11 makes some decent side zip boots.  I've gotten type mileage out of a few pairs in the construction trades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top