Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 4:25:02 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a holster system for an outer carrier that is like having a holster sewn on the inside of it. I would like something that feels a little bit more secure and not wear out the threads like the current one i have sewn in on my molle carrier at work. Its for a backup gun, g19/26 m&p9c
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to help you, OP, but I am not sure what exactly you are envisioning....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
" /> This is my old vest, holster sewn inside, rests against my chest. Its a flimsy holster though, lookin for a better option
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Well...I am stumped.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#4]
5.11 has a decent holster shirt available.  It has pockets on left and right chest and is made like a compression undershirt.  

CHRIS
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
It would have to be something that attache to outer carrier like my previous vest. Being in uniform makes wearing a shirt with a built in holster is difficult with our requirements. I have the 511 velco holster for straps on carrier but i might try getting velco for inside and attach it like that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
will do.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm Director of R&D for a gear and body armor manufacturer and am still not sure exactly what you are asking for.  

You want a backup carry holster mounted on the inside of your overt carrier?

I see a LOT of gear from many many manufacturers and like to help us board members out as much as possible.  If I know of something that fits the bill, I'll guide you to it.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be a holster mounted on inside of outer carrier. Strong side accessible from shoulder area of armor.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#10]
" />

" />

The holster sits above on my pec attached to inside of outer carrier. Looking for something like that. I can just reach through shoulder/armpit area to remove it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
OP...to each his own, and being a cop you sure have a valid need for your set up...but I can't help but think there just flat-out might be a better way to go about securing your backup heater. Raf said it was a specific LEO need and maybe I don't still fully understand why you want to secure it there of all places, but have you considered running your setup a different way that might make it easier for you to find the gear you need and make it better for you in a real-life situation?

Through the years and between all of us on this forum, I haven't seen one single thing regarding gear that we can fix, find, fabricate - or fuck up.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Its the most comfortable option I have used. If i could find a different way to carry it that worked for me i would but ankle is a no go, i don't want it visible either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top